Berthon Gauntlets

eilarose

Visit site
Hi
I have tried this on Classic Boat Forum with no real result hopefully I will have more luck here.

Hi
I am still searching for missing Gauntlets built by Berthon Between 1935 & 1951 there were 41 built & the whereabouts of 34 are known, we are interested in finding the whereabouts or Fate of the seven Missing Gauntlets.
1) Sussex Maid (12 Tons) name changed to Brambling & last heard of in Registered in Southampton in the late 1950's
2) Greengage ( 12 Tons ) last heard of at Swanwick in the late 1970's may have been up for Sale By Boatshed recently
3) Pavirome ( 12 Tons ) name changed to Luteis then Sursum & last heard of at Lymington in the late 1960's
4) Grey Seal (12 Tons) last heard of at Fleetwood around 1980
5) Sinloo ( 12 Tons) name changed to Le Petite Cygnet & last heard of in France in the 1970's
6) Coch Y Bondu (17 Tons) last heard of Based in Rapallo Italy in the 1970's
& Finally again Jenny Spinner ( 18 Tons ) Renamed Blue Moon then Flying Gauntlet & back to Blue Moon, I believe & last heard of at Cannes in the Mid 1960's.
Any further information regarding these beautiful & resilient yachts would be gratefully received thank you
Eila Rose

stav

Visit site
Sorry to raise your hopes, but I know nothing of the wearabouts of said boats. Just wanted to say I admire the designs and have nearly bought a gauntlet twice: an 18T must be an amazing boat. Good luck finding them and will keep my eye open on N Brittany coast over the summer. :)

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Hi
I have tried this on Classic Boat Forum with no real result hopefully I will have more luck here.

Hi
I am still searching for missing Gauntlets built by Berthon Between 1935 & 1951 there were 41 built & the whereabouts of 34 are known, we are interested in finding the whereabouts or Fate of the seven Missing Gauntlets.
1) Sussex Maid (12 Tons) name changed to Brambling & last heard of in Registered in Southampton in the late 1950's
2) Greengage ( 12 Tons ) last heard of at Swanwick in the late 1970's may have been up for Sale By Boatshed recently
3) Pavirome ( 12 Tons ) name changed to Luteis then Sursum & last heard of at Lymington in the late 1960's
4) Grey Seal (12 Tons) last heard of at Fleetwood around 1980
5) Sinloo ( 12 Tons) name changed to Le Petite Cygnet & last heard of in France in the 1970's
6) Coch Y Bondu (17 Tons) last heard of Based in Rapallo Italy in the 1970's
& Finally again Jenny Spinner ( 18 Tons ) Renamed Blue Moon then Flying Gauntlet & back to Blue Moon, I believe & last heard of at Cannes in the Mid 1960's.
Any further information regarding these beautiful & resilient yachts would be gratefully received thank you
Eila Rose

an interesting exercise, shame I can't help.

May I ask why you are pulling this list together? Is there some form of owner's association?

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
You should put a link to the http://gauntlets.zerofive.co.uk/ site (especially if it is yours ;) ) and a picture helps, so people don't have to go hunting.

Nice looking boat, good luck

DSCF5991.jpg

Gemini at Whitehills, Aberdeenshire, August 2008, during her voyage around the UK and on to Barcelona. Photo: David Baird.