Berthing ...... and fees etc. PLEASE READ >>>>>

G

Just to clear up any questions ....

This is a freebie get-together !! Blimey something in this world that is free ??? That is I'm not asking anything .... nor the others involved in setting this up.

Each boat will be responsible to clear their Berthing fee with Pontoon owners.

Food and Drink should be supplied by each participant as we cannot cater for all tastes !!! Tesco refused my request to pass on all their Sell By date rejects !!

BBQ's are available at the site - but it is strongly recc'd that own is brought along with adequate charcoal !! They are big and dirty on the beach ... and may already be in use by others - as its a public area and Bank Holiday - we cannot pre-book them. We will of course strive to "covert" them as some of us will be there before others.

We are looking to organise party games or overall fun-day for kids with adults involved ... many ideas have been put discussed and we are working on it ....

We are considering possibly a Kids / all-in Disco music thingy ... so while cooking going on - others are having a party !!

We would ask that anyone with small / camping style tables etc. that could be used would be much appreciated. We want to also put up one or two garden Gazebo's - the plastic on ally pole variety ... I have one and if we could have 1 or 2 more to provide shade / shelter for food / other - that would be marvelous.

OK on to the actual Harbour bit .....

At present we have a reasonable number of boats / people on the list and this will exceed Harold Hayles legal limit on boats to berth on his pontoon. Therefore we will discuss with Harbour Master allocation of posible space on Public pontoons ... so that we get everyone in ...
In any event to get to BBQ area is best by tender anyway from HH as well as public berthing ... so little difference. Except of course HH does have Electric supply.
If anyone considers that a Saturday and Sunday booking is a good ideea or wants to do it - can you please let me know now ?? I have no problem to set it as a Sat / Sun fun package ????.... in fact it could be better all round that way ...

There is a surprise being organised - which will stay a surprise !! so "be there or be square" .......

I for one cannot wait !!!!!

NB - If anyone has ideas or suggestions - they are more than welcome ... please do not be offended if we use or not use them though ...

mainshiptom

Visit site
Re: Berthing ...... and fees etc. PLEASE READ >>>>>

We would love to join but have no boat at the mo, does anyone needs a crew?

Tom Helen and two kids.

Sans Bateau

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
BBQ's are available at the site - but it is strongly recc'd that own is brought along with adequate charcoal !! They are big and dirty on the beach ... and may already be in use by others - as its a public area and Bank Holiday - we cannot pre-book them. We will of course strive to "covert" them as some of us will be there before others.

[/ QUOTE ]

So whats the BBQ equivelent of a towel over a deck chair! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Sat - Sun ....

Some have hinted that a spread over sat / Sun may be an ideea as its bank Holiday and I know Hayles do prefer that ...

Just a thought - if people want to make it a Sat-night - Sun-night do ...

G

Read other threads lower .....

All detailed there ....

G

Go for it .... Sure there must be space ???

Plenty of big Mobos etc going ... so place a post on the forums ... sure somone will - I would but i'm full already !!

G

Towel over deck-chair ....

Mmmmmm kebab sticks wired to 240V ???

G

List still open .....

As already said .... I will contact HM for extra berths ...... so come on down - price is right !!!!