Berth Solent Area

G

I am looking for somewhere to berth my 26ft boat, alongside a pontoon in the solent, that isn't extortionate, any ideas??

G

Tell us more - sail or motor, tidal or non-tidal, what facilities and what do you regard extortionate? How close to [say] Calshot would you like to be?

chriscallender

Visit site
If you have a boat that can dry out on mud, then you could try Quay Lane Boatyard in Gosport at 61p/foot per week inc VAT. More information at http://www.quaylaneboatyard.co.uk

I moved my 22' trailer sailer there last Augst for the remainder of the season as an alternative to getting on/off the trailer every time I sailed and I felt that it was worth the £60 per month I paid.

The downside is that access is very tidal (from memory I could manage about 1.5hr either side of high water for 4 foot draft on Spring tides and not at all on Neaps). And Gosport isn't very central in the Solent.

However, I considered it to be well worthwhile last year and still did a lot more sailing than I would have done trying to get the boat on/off the trailer singlehanded...

Anyway I don't think you will find a cheap pontoon on the Solent that has 24h access - if you do then let me in on the secret!

G

What do you call cheap....£2000 is cheap for the solent....?