Bent anchor fluke.

Bouba

Visit site
It would take a lot of heat and some long levers to straighten that.... I would be tempted to cut off the offending bit and weld back the rest of the shank
Ps...why did you say it’s a bent fluke?

Daydream believer

Visit site
Used as an anchor for a permanent mooring in deep mud, it would probably be OK "as is" paired with another anchor.
As for bending straight= Well it bent out of straight, so it must be possible to reverse the process.

Praxinoscope

Visit site
I would think that no matter which port you are currently moored in there will be a local blacksmith, a couple of minutes in the furnace and a quick bash with a hammer on an anvil, and it will be straight again.

Beneteau381

Visit site
Can this be straightened? I didn’t want to pollute the other current anchor thread.
View attachment 153782
PS it’s over 1.5 metres long on the shank to give you an idea of the size.
A good fuel gas, oxy propane or acetylene torch would soon get it hot enough to straighten by hand. Need Vyvs input as to whether to quench it afterwards. I imagine there are workshops in the Carib more than capable of doing it,

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
A good fuel gas, oxy propane or acetylene torch would soon get it hot enough to straighten by hand. Need Vyvs input as to whether to quench it afterwards. I imagine there are workshops in the Carib more than capable of doing it,
Quenching would require a container the size of a hot tub. I should have got Mrs M to sit on it to give an idea of size…. It was BIG!