Bent anchor fluke.

Bouba

Visit site
Stick to my idea...a portable generator, arc welder and a grinder can all be brought to the job (mind you, unless you can winch it to your boat there isn’t much point in repairing it)
I would cut the shank close to the anchor (that weld has held so it’s probably still good)...leave about an inch of shank sticking out...grind an aggressive chamfer on the remaining shank stub. Cut the twisted part of the shank off...cut the angle carefully so it can be realigned without affecting the holding power...chamfer the end...tack weld the two parts together and check alignment...using the biggest welding rods, weld the two parts together...do it slowly and methodically...after each weld, clean off the slag and clean with a wire brush....use loads of welds...but slowly. At the end it will be stronger than original and if you want, you can dress the welds and paint it...no one will ever know

mjcoon

www.mjcoon.plus.com
Stick to my idea...a portable generator, arc welder and a grinder can all be brought to the job (mind you, unless you can winch it to your boat there isn’t much point in repairing it)
I would cut the shank close to the anchor (that weld has held so it’s probably still good)...leave about an inch of shank sticking out...grind an aggressive chamfer on the remaining shank stub. Cut the twisted part of the shank off...cut the angle carefully so it can be realigned without affecting the holding power...chamfer the end...tack weld the two parts together and check alignment...using the biggest welding rods, weld the two parts together...do it slowly and methodically...after each weld, clean off the slag and clean with a wire brush....use loads of welds...but slowly. At the end it will be stronger than original and if you want, you can dress the welds and paint it...no one will ever know
I think if I had done all that I would want everyone to know! Except my insurance company...

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
Then X-ray or ultrasonic?