Belguim / Holland

jonnyflybridge

Visit site
I'm thinking of travelling from the Solent into the Belgium canal system to Brugge,Gent and on to Holland during my 2 week holiday this year.
Can anyone tell me the best places to stop, refuel, and the best route to take? and anything about Licences, documentation etc.

byron

RIP
Visit site
Re: Belgium / Holland

Fill up in Neiuport or Ostend make sure you fill up before entering Dutch waters. Send a PM to THE BARGEE who is an experty on all these areas.

Back to the boat in 6 hours... YEA!
back on line circa September

ô¿ô

G

Re: Belgium / Holland

Go in Via oostende or nieuwport both locks will issue a licence, but make sure it is only a limited one not six months or a year.
the later has a fuel barge on the right hand side looks old but moor up and ring the number or failing that a road tanker will sell you some for cash only and deliver at the same place.(i'll send you the number when i get home if you PM me)
KYCN has the best sole and steak, mussels etc and a bonded store available.
the journey to brugges is easy but moor up to the trees by the windmills do not use rond hooks You will see why??. .take water at the lock before (a round basin lock) Gent has a small marina and a lowish bridge maybe 10-11ft. the little club as you turn off to gent is very friendly right hand side.
with regard to the lock it is tidal dependant so be prepared for a midnight lock, it's ok space to moor the other side.