Beginner

G

Hi everyone

Ive just been bitten by the boating bug and I am looking to find experienced med cruisers to help me choose a vessel.

I am learning to sail at the moment on an RYA course and would welcome any help and advice I can get.

I live in Lincolnshire which seems to be the black hole of sailing, and need to find people with experience of cruising the med all year round.

This I plan to do in approximately 2 years, but I am looking for a boat on which I can live for the next 2 years while I cruise the coasts and gain experience.

G

Re: Hi

This bit of ybw forums is mostly motorboats. The scuttlebutt forum is more for sail.

But anyway for what it's worth, if you're in the med you need a bioat with shade and as little teak as possible on the top - the teak makes it very hot, sometimes so hot that you can't stand on it, so it's also hot down below. You also need a bimini (sunshade) for shade, and since it's mostly stern berthing and no problem abt jumping in, you need decent rear access with flipover rear seat to allow easy walking on and off stern.