Beards

jamesjermain

Visit site
Once upon a time Andrew Bray was the only male member of YM staff without a beard. Today Paul Gelder is the only member of either sex who has one. Sic Transit gloria fungi!

<hr width=100% size=1>JJ

kingfisher

Visit site
Dutch sea shanty

"Al die willen te Kap'ren varen, moeten mannen met baarden zijn"
"All that want to sail to the Cape must be men with beards."
It sort of goes with the territory, just as using deck shoes as slippers.

<hr width=100% size=1>Group of people on the pontoon: skipper is the one with the toolbox.
http://sirocco31.tripod.com

Grehan

www.french-waterways.com
Vanity, all is vanity

Having re-grown my beard after some years' gap, I turned up on-site to do a bit of an inspection. First labourer I encountered remarked "'ello, it's Father Xmas".
Result - general hilarity plus complete loss of respect and authority.
Shaved it off within the week.
Went into my local bank. Unprompted, the first thing the lady cashier said was "oh I'm so glad you've shaved your beard off - makes you look much younger".
Cheeky madam.
But I decided she was right . . .
;-)

<hr width=100% size=1>

mickshep

Visit site
A long bushy beard when combined with proper old oilskins and a manic stare will in most racing circumstances lead to the suspension of all rules of fair play in your favour, speshuly if you bellow "water" and "starboard" at every oppertunity whilst waving a half empty bottle of Pussers. "Starboard" being particularly usefull if you are on port tack. Glaring at everyone over the top of the same beard and muttering to yourself will generally ensure any protests being withdrawn. ;-)D

<hr width=100% size=1>