Beards

B

bob_tyler

Too busy sailing, no time to shave?

<hr width=100% size=1>

bigmart

Visit site
Re: Because

I shaved off my beard 20 years ago so now I'm just known as that fat git or that bald git. It seems to be universally agreed that I'm a git.

Martin

<hr width=100% size=1>

peterb

Visit site
'Cos the types that go sailing are intelligent enough to realise that 5 minutes a day spent shaving add up to more than 24 hours over the year. We get an extra day! (Mind you, I wish I knew where it went to.)

<hr width=100% size=1>

BrendanS

Visit site
Re: Because..they\'re wimmin in disguise

The bearded types are actually women with false ones stuck on, trying to gain respect from the male sailors, who disregard all wimmin as incompentent?

(Sorry Violetta, couldn't resist the stereotypical dismissal of women)

<hr width=100% size=1>

paulrossall

Visit site
Re: Because..they\'re wimmin in disguise

Had a beard since I was 17, over 30 years now. As an 18 yr old student I got a job as a scaffolders labourer. One day on the way to a job in the back of a Transit van with about 8 blokes they proceeded to have a debate about my beard and one jack-the-lad concluded it was a fungicidal growth which would be with me for the rest of my life and was the result of indulging in too much Muff Diving. I did not know what they meant but did not dare to show my ignorance.
I can still remember how quiet it went when I repeated these words of wisdom at the diner table that night with my parents and Aunty in attendance!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Viking

Visit site
Re: Because

Theres two possible answers. One, the old one, that hair doesnt grow in place that are in constance use - thats why women dont grow beards and dont go bald!
The other is that if a bearded person is seen talking to themselves, they are believed to be muttering pearls of wisdom.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Easy. Saily boats are generally cold and not very nice, an aspect carefully noted by women, consequently the lone men sailing let themselves go, and consequently even more men don't much bother with shaving. The situation is now desperate as there has evidently been a huge influx of beardies into sailing, none of whom need much in the way of nice bathrooms or even nice galleys, as they can always find something nice to nibble in their beards from yesterday. In those same magazines you'll notice hardly any women at all, certainly not in the same picture as the beardy men anyway.

Meanwhile, if you flick through some motor boat magazines you'll notice a marked lack of beards, and that all the motorboats have lots of comfy cushions on deck - which is NOT merely for sunbathing but actually a storage area for all the semiclad women.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gunfleet

Visit site
Harness the power of propwash

It's because bearded men know how to park a boat and the rest of us don't - the sailing magazines are never short of an article or two on how to park your blooming boat.

<hr width=100% size=1>

zefender

Visit site
Re: Raggie Beards, stinkie waistline

Agree about the likely correlation between portable food storage and babe magnet capabilities. However, I feel you are mistaken into believing that lack of semi clad women in photo shots of raggies and their boats means there are none. Oh no, instead of posing about on white plastic cushions up top, they are doubtless less than semi clad down below (fnahh, fnaah) working themselves into a frenzy at the thought of imaginative applications of ropes and winches. It also suggests a fundamental difference between raggie and stinkie, which goes far deeper than fallow facial follicles. It would simply be too brash and too 'showy' to parade ones sexual prowess in public.

Whilst on the matter of the photogenic aspects of boaters, I would like to pass comment on the clear differences between the waistline of stinkies in piccies and their saily cousins. This I take as clear evidence that the 'babe show' is just that and quite clearly physical effort of any kind is not, or is rarely, involved.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
reticent raggies

ah, I see. Perhaps, with the number of women involved and the requirement for stinkies to be constantly at the helm positon then the women might be the ones involved in physical work? After all, there must be a reason for those med flybridge boats to have a lower helm position?

Anyway, the idea that raggies are averse to parading their sexual prowes is utter nonsense. What about that mast, hmm? And the fact that boats these days don't have two smaller masts, much easier to manage and gives extra redundancy - but instead every new sailing boat has just one very large mast?

However, I agree about the large number of women that must be down below in sailing yachts working themselves into a frenzy as I saw several sailing boats equipped with peculiar straps all around the beds. Or is this the only way that the bearded ones can keep them from running away?

<hr width=100% size=1>

squidge

Visit site
When is a Yacht not a Yacht? When its a stinkie? no wonder those poor lasses are on deck! trying to get as far away from the pongs, noise,and oily hands of the Skipper who has spent the last hour in the engine room up to his elbows in diesel.
Not so the raggies crew who marvel at the size of that mast!! ooh ahh!!(so thats what autohelms are for!!) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
well i look terrible unshaven
see
max at the helm.JPG

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>