Battery Charger Suitability

Ian_Rob

Visit site
My battery charger is QUICK SBC250 12v Advanced Plus 25A. The charging characteristics shown in the manual are as below.

The charger has two settings, one for batteries with liquid electrolytic and one for those with a GEL electrolytic. I am changing to AGM batteries and wonder which setting would be preferable? I was expecting the setting for Lead Acid Batteries to be the right one but if I am reading the graph and the required AGM charging voltage’s correctly, the setting when set to GEL look to be the closest??

Attachments

• IMG_3643.jpeg
    IMG_3643.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Ostara24

Visit site
If you have your new batteries to hand they will tell you the absorption and float values.

Going by your picture, I have lifeline agm batteries and the gel charging graph you show is the same as they ask for in their setup, so should be good, but do check on your new batteries values to be safe.

Ian_Rob

Visit site
If you have your new batteries to hand they will tell you the absorption and float values.

Going by your picture, I have lifeline agm batteries and the gel charging graph you show is the same as they ask for in their setup, so should be good, but do check on your new batteries values to be safe.

Thanks for response. I e-mailed Tanya and they have replied as below:

Please see below information for the AGM batteries.

Float - 13.5v
Absorption - 14.1 v - 14.7v
Daily charge - 13.8v - 14.4v
Equalisation 15.5v

In my case, it seems that the liquid electrolytic rather than the GEL setting is going to be best after all, as the GEL float charge will be a little too high.