bargain project mobo :)

MystereMarcus

Visit site
doh, sorry Marcus you are right, but check the railings, the sliding door handle, the hawsehole surround solid ali piece, they are all identical to the Versilcraft's bits which I guess CC used.
You're right Vas, once JCL had the Mystere in production they produced their Italian range on boats (Mirage, Mistral and Mamba), all using the same fittings.

oldgit

Visit site
The Mamba is on the hard in the secure compound.
On bit of thread drift, the Medway appeared to be an elephants graveyard for the various types of Moonraker 36.
Used to be over a dozen or so "floating " around but now cannot remember seeing one under way, suspect those old Perkins are simply not worth fixing.
Seem to be finally disappearing to where ever venerable old boats end up.

Nauti Fox

Ducatiproteam.co.uk
On bit of thread drift, the Medway appeared to be an elephants graveyard for the various types of Moonraker 36.
Used to be over a dozen or so "floating " around but now cannot remember seeing one under way, suspect those old Perkins are simply not worth fixing.
Ah, is it here or next door?

vas

Visit site
OK, that's a Mystere! However the round hull ports have been replaced with rectangular one's. I've never seen that before. It's guard rails are very high which makes me think it's the one that was coded for about 12 people many years ago. It was also owned by Pete1987 of this parish.
there's so many things wrong on this Marcus to be a Mystere! Looks like a strange mod of the salon windows of a Mamba to look like Mystere without being right -aft side of salon windows wrong, proportions of opening to fix bit wrong, too many things look odd.
Further, too small for a Mystere (imho) and stern is totally wrong. Engine Air intake missing and layout around there wrong. No way the five portlights on each side replaced with these.
dunno a transvestite of a boat for sure.
sorry for the slight off topic!

Fire99

Visit site
On a quick thread drift of a thread drift, I've always had a fond spot for the Moonraker 36. I thought they had the basis of a really nice motorboat..

stelican

Visit site
there's so many things wrong on this Marcus to be a Mystere! Looks like a strange mod of the salon windows of a Mamba to look like Mystere without being right -aft side of salon windows wrong, proportions of opening to fix bit wrong, too many things look odd.
Further, too small for a Mystere (imho) and stern is totally wrong. Engine Air intake missing and layout around there wrong. No way the five portlights on each side replaced with these.
dunno a transvestite of a boat for sure.
sorry for the slight off topic!
In the early 90s Falcon Sports Boats of Norwich produced a Sterndrive version of one of these models that I think was 36ft. Mamba possibly.
It was exhibited at SBS but was not a success.

Last edited:

oldgit

Visit site
On a quick thread drift of a thread drift, I've always had a fond spot for the Moonraker 36. I thought they had the basis of a really nice motorboat..
Moonraker 36.
Book about JCL boats suggests that Colin was way ahead of his time in producing boats on production line a la cars, a no brainer way of reducing costs.
As opposed to the moulding a single hull and then the customer getting it fitted out with poorly laid out gloomy bespoke interior in traditional dark dismal brown wood.
His boats were ready to go turn key products just like a car, no hunting round for bits to make the boat usuable after purchase.
He built a boat for the wife of the successful small business owner, the woman who ran the company and probably did the accounts.
He wanted to show he had made a few quid and had " arrived", she wanted space comfort and a black and white TV as standard.
Chapman advertised in car and motor trade magazines, not low volume sailing mags carrying adverts for varnish, sextants and with a bloke with a smelly seagull outboard slung over his shoulder. :)

Last edited:

Alicatt

Visit site
In the early 90s Falcon Sports Boats of Norwich produced a Sterndrive version of one of these models that I think was 36ft. Mamba possibly.
It was exhibited at SBS but was not a success.
Any more info about Falcon Sports Boats?
It turns out the the boat I bought is a 1980 Falcon 750 river boat and I'm trying to find more info about them.

stelican

Visit site
Any more info about Falcon Sports Boats?
It turns out the the boat I bought is a 1980 Falcon 750 river boat and I'm trying to find more info about them.
I sold the Falcon Sportsboats very first Falcon 22ft in the 1980s This had a BMW 220 sterndrive and was kept in Ibiza.
I am not sure but I think the Inland shaft drive was built during the 1990s and marketed under the Capriole name, 750,850 and 1080.
Walton Marine were involved with the Inland version but I have no further info I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Alicatt

Visit site
I sold the Falcon Sportsboats very first Falcon 22ft in the 1980s This had a BMW 220 sterndrive and was kept in Ibiza.
I am not sure but I don.t think the Inland shaft drive was built during the 1990s and marketed under the Capriole name, 750,850 and 1080.
Walton Marine were involved with the Inland version but I have no further info I'm afraid.
Looking at the bilge there is a depression where there may have been a shaft drive in other models built on the same hull, but I doubt if there is any keel on the boat, not seen her out the water yet, mine has a VP MD7 with S drive and a fixed 3 blade propellor.
The tent on the cockpit has a label in it saying Falcon 750, and the govt body that registers boats in Belgium has it down as a Falcon 750 too, it looks nothing like the Capriole :)
_DSC8236SM.JPG
Ligplaats1sm.JPG
She is well protected by the big boys fore and aft with the wind whistling directly up the canal today, there was a branch down from a tree and hit the Broom 360 2 boats back from my Casper
It is FUN getting in and out of there, there is 1m to the stern and 1.5m in front of my boat, makes for exciting docking