Back!

ccscott49

Visit site
OK, you mottley crew! I'm back, on the rig that is, in sunny Norway, well p****ing down and blowing hooligans Norway that is! four planes, two helicopters and a long climb and I'm here! I'll be here for three weeks, whilst you lot are enjoying the sunny summer in blighty! But it'll not be long before I'm back sunning my bod in the med, so don't get too cheeky! The leg is healing nicely and not as sore as it was with the sprain, just enough to make me remember. "Englander" is anchored down in St. Antonio, with my crew onboard, St. Antonio is famous, not just for the clubs, but for dragging anchors, not unfairly, its grass over sand and you reaslly need to find a sandy bit and pull your anchor well in to ensure you dont drag, lots of heavy chain helps, I would reccomend the "fixed" type pf anchor, delta, spade, etc. or a good sharp heavy danforth. One other thing, another confession, I "forgot" to check my generator batteries, two seperate 12 volters, they are the only batteries onboard that need checking and I forgot, until the genny wouldn't start! almost dry they were! Moral of this story, check your batteries! and of course more often when the ambient temperature is high, which was my main mistake, as I have a check procedure, but they weren't due until this weekend! One other thing, when you have two seperate batteries for safety sake, with a crossover switch, don't leave it on the 1 and 2 position and flatten both of them like I did, then you have a spare battery! like I should have done! Derrrr.