Back to Calor?

KAM

Visit site
Having converted to self fill camping gaz I was pondering whether to go back to Calor. What are others doing.

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
I built a gas locker for the push pit that holds the larger, next size up, Calor bottles. Never fitted it as the standard size is now available. Business as usual for me.

Utter bunch of twats at Calor. So far Calor is still, by far, the most convenient in my area.

I have come to the conclusion that electric at some future point may be a better solution, when I change out my charging system,

KAM

Visit site
I didn't think the camping gaz bottles were very safe. Had a new one and it was difficult to get the valve to seal.

lustyd

Visit site
I built a gas locker for the push pit that holds the larger, next size up, Calor bottles. Never fitted it as the standard size is now available. Business as usual for me.

Utter bunch of twats at Calor. So far Calor is still, by far, the most convenient in my area.

I have come to the conclusion that electric at some future point may be a better solution, when I change out my charging system,
They will remain the most convenient option until people actually vote with their wallets. Giving Calor your hard earned money isn’t exactly a great way to protest or even tell them you’re disappointed.
FloGas have been excellent for us so far, although I did have to phone them because the website claimed they wouldn’t deliver to our address. One phone call later and they delivered a week later.

Pete7

Visit site
They will remain the most convenient option until people actually vote with their wallets. Giving Calor your hard earned money isn’t exactly a great way to protest or even tell them you’re disappointed.
Won't trust them again. It's not just the initial decision, but the pack of lies and mis information that followed for years. All too late we are cooking on electric.

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
FloGas have been excellent for us so far, although I did have to phone them because the website claimed they wouldn’t deliver to our address. One phone call later and they delivered a week later.

You feel strongly about it, with a passion. Convenience is more important to me. Giving them my money is a fair exchange for that convenience.

At my marina there is only Calor and Camping Gaz. The demand for other stuff is not there and it is absolutely not worth a crusade over, from my point if view.

I appreciate your point and the reasons behind it.

Minerva

Visit site
We switched last season at exorbitant cost to camping gaz, but kept the calor bottles. I would have switched to flow gas in an instant if the bottled would have fitted in the gas locker.

I expect I’ll go back to calor so we can store more gas on board…

I’d love to sack the buggers off though! But I think switching to electric would be too expensive here on the west coast with the amount of solar and battery bank size we’d need.

Sea Change

Visit site
I'd love to sack the buggers off though! But I think switching to electric would be too expensive here on the west coast with the amount of solar and battery bank size we’d need.
Long days in the summer, it might not be as bad as you think. Probably need to err on the large side with the battery, and have a good engine charging option.

We switched to solar/lithium a couple of years ago and haven't looked back. Still use gas very occasionally, but our Campingaz 907 was last changed over a year ago...