Awwww, bless!

suse

Visit site
Now I shouldn't say this, because it's pulling someone's leg, but he doesn't know about this site, so that's alright then.

Just had an email from someone, saying he's always wanted to go sailing since reading Riddle of the Sands. Fine so far. Then he says he knows the basics from reading the Hornblower books.....

S x

StugeronSteve

Visit site
What more could you ask for, hey?

Should be a dab hand on the old bow chaser and dead handy if you need a boarding party. Maybe a little more rounding of his theory would be good; a look at the art from a different perspective? Try suggesting a couple of Patrick O'Brians, before he buys his deck shoes.

Gargleblaster

Visit site
Some years ago I was selling a boat and a fellow rang me to have a look at it. We went down to Suffolk Yacht Harbour on a cold winter's day for a test sail and over a cup of tea before leaving he tells me he has never been out on a boat before but had just watched 'Master & Commander' at the cinema. I took him out on the Orwell where it was gusting 44 knots and I was surprised how well he stood up to it. Went on to buy another boat - not mine unfortunately.

tugboat

Visit site
If he only fires on the uproll, you should have an interesting relationship! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bobgosling

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Judging by your new avatar, it looks as though someone already has!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do my eyes decieve me ( glasses keep steaming up ) or is that a supine female form ?!?!?!
/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Cliveshep

Visit site
"Do my eyes decieve me ( glasses keep steaming up ) or is that a supine female form ?!?!?!"

Certainly is, lying on her front/side with caution and at least one private organ thrown to the winds.

Is that Miss Suzy?

Rum_Pirate

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I took him out on the Orwell where it was gusting 44 knots and I was surprised how well he stood up to it. Went on to buy another boat - not mine unfortunately.

[/ QUOTE ] gusting 44 knots ?????