Avon valves

Petercatterall

Visit site
More advice required!! A suggestion re my recent query recommended Eurocraft for matters concerning inflatables.
They were very helpful and posted me an A4 valve which arrived next morning.
Unfortunatly it is a complete valve which I would have to glue into the fabric, has anyone done this??
Alternativly I could remove the rubber insert and try to fit this into the existing valve. Im sure I have seen an article on this but cant find it in PBO
Eurocraft (01772 622856) recommended that I keep the Avon even though it is old.
They would fit new (superior valves) for about £20 each, I will go for this if this valve can't be fitted.
Any pointers welcome!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Birdseye

Visit site
I'm sure Eurocraft can do what they say, but beware spending good money that you wont get back. I did this - servicing a Zodiac for almost excatly what I subsequently sold it for. Wouldnt have got much less had I sold it pre servicing.

Phone the avon factory if you still want to go ahead - they are very helpful with advice.

<hr width=100% size=1>

sophie4

Visit site
It's easier than it looks to glue in new valves. Make sure you get the right glue, if it's old it's probably Hypalon. I tried to fiddle about replacing parts of the valve but I think it was a false economy. If the dinghy is in reasonable condition it's probably worth replacing them

<hr width=100% size=1>