Autumn weather Med non boaty

Roger52

Visit site
We are thinking about an autumn break after a particularly stressful 6 months. We know the Canaries is likely to be the best for a week in the sun but wondered about Ionian, Crete, Rhodes, Malta etc in mid/late October or early November. There are plenty of websites providing information about average sun rain etc but I thought it might be worth turning to those who spend time there and are in the know.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Malta
We had almost a week and a half of bad weather here In Malta but saying that the weather we had move in from the west and headed East so I guess most people got it where every there are .
Since last weekend , everything has got a lot better , to day and yesterday we was sitting in 26c , we still swimming every day and for the for coming further it's looking good but the temps dropping around 22/23 c
In pass years when we winter out here we found the weather holds out well till the New Years , when it can turn wet and at times windy with bright sunny warm days in between .
But this can also be said for many other places in the MED , the wetters winters we had have been in Greece .

PlanB

Visit site
Think about Morocco - Marrakesh will still be warm, as will Agadir if you want sea. Flight about same time as bits of the Med.

jordanbasset

Visit site
Beautiful weather in Gouvia at the moment, blue skies 23 degrees as I speak and it has been pretty much like this for the last 3 weeks. Only down side is that it has to break at some time and it continueing is certainly not guaranteed

Tranona

Visit site
Beautiful weather in Gouvia at the moment, blue skies 23 degrees as I speak and it has been pretty much like this for the last 3 weeks. Only down side is that it has to break at some time and it continueing is certainly not guaranteed

Hope it holds for another week or so as I arrive next Thursday! Maybe I was lucky but last decade I did maybe 8 visits in mid/end October and only one bad.

cmedsailor

Visit site
Hope it holds for another week or so as I arrive next Thursday! Maybe I was lucky but last decade I did maybe 8 visits in mid/end October and only one bad.

You must tell us your impressions after so many years...Most probably you will feel "it was like yesterday I left".

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Small world, I am close by. I was in Oropos, Khakis, Eritrea this week. Now back further south. As some may know, I have 5 moorings in Poros And am thinking of laying 5 more here closer to the Airport, My friend the Port Police diver will make sure they are fit for purpose and legal.

I was suposed to have gone out racing with the local yacht club yesterday, however the CA spoiled the day ( meddling English I expect).

Joke for the seriously small minded..

Last edited:

Flica

Visit site
Only problem appears to be that most facilities are on winter shut-down

I came out of the water in N Evvia on Monday 16th, together with the two Sailing Holidays flotillas.

Weather has been beautiful, sunny days, cool nights, but fairly light winds.

Visit site
We have had rain on a couple of days this week which is normal for the time of year. At the moment we have clear skies and 24º with a similar forecast for the next week.
Whilst the post says non-boaty the weather is excellent for boating.

Last edited: