Athens - Corfu

JimBOB

Visit site
Has anyone made the trip from Athens to Corfu (via Corinth canal)? We are planning this trip in August (33 ft sports curser 35 Knots) and was intrigued to hear from anyone who may have made this journey or part of it.
We don't plan many stop offs on the way there as we would rather get there as quick as poss.

Any info would be greatly received

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Being as no one else is saying nowt. I'll do my best.
Not been down to Athens but done Corfu and through Corinth canal a couple of times. You can get diesel at Levkas. From a pipe sticking out of the ground!!. Also Paxsos (Worth the visit).
Should be an easy trip but watch for the F6 most afternoons. Rare to get a realy rough sea cos protected by alll the Islands.

No one can force me to come here-----------
----- I'm a Volunteer!!!

Haydn

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Hi .Distance aprox 250nm.Corinth canal closed onTuesdays for Maintenance work.I also think they charge double for Sundays and Holidays
If you timed it right one stop at Patrai another at Levcas town and a easy run up to Corfu You would miss some wonderful places on the way though .cheers bobt
ps dont rely on only getting F5-6 though Oftern had a lot more

Bob T

JimBOB

Visit site
Cheers Bob, will only be travelling from 6am until lunch so afternoon conditions should not affect us too much, What sort of durations have you encountered through the Corinth? also I understand sometimes you have to wait as the traffic alternates directions, Is there a schedule for access or is it down to luck?

Thanks for all your help.
Jimbob

hlb

RIP
Visit site
As I remember, theres only a bridge that opens. It's not a proper canal, just the bit between the island and the main land. Looks like a canal though. Just have to park up for a bit and wait for the bridge opening.

No one can force me to come here-----------
----- I'm a Volunteer!!!

Haydn