ARE you properly registered on MARS

crazyhorse

Visit site
Re: More moderation required?

I totaly agree with PeteM I know Happy 1 and can say that starting off in offshore boating takes time to understand what its all about.

I am glad there are no supposedly fair minded individuals who feel they can grant me the right to enjoy myself in the way I choose. Question Over kill is a trait that any new starter in boating gets before he simply enjoys his new found sport for what it is.

It is in my oppinion that Question Overkill is a comendable and welcome trait to have for a starter as over time it will mature into a reponsible boater, who is willing to help otheres that may also suffer from the many questions and not enough answere syndrome, at the start.

Its not how you start off in life that counts its how you feel about yourself when you finish that counts, and what good you have done in between.

Looking forward to our meet up Happy1 and having a good lough, your on the way to one of the most pleasurable journeys a person can take and I am sure that bye continualy questioning things? you will indeed help others maybe in ways you are not even aware of.

Good Luck

<hr width=100% size=1> Chase your dreams and you will always be happy

IF you have a valid Ship Radio Licence you ARE on the RA Database which means that The UK Coastguard DO have access to your details.

The same is true of the MARS Database, it's just that it isn't ours (UK) and therefore we can't guarantee what happens on it. This is why we also release the data direct to the UK Coastguard.

Mike

<hr width=100% size=1>Manager,
Aeronautical & Maritime Services Section,
Radiocommunications Agency

The reasons are simple, when you stop to think about it:

The UK Ship Radio Database holds details ONLY of British Flagged vessels that carry Maritime radio. This database carries information useful to contact a radio carrying vessel and to assist in remote co-ordination of a SAR Operation.

CG 66 is for any vessel radio or non radio AND it holds visual Identification data that is not held by the Radio Service.

The UK Coastguard is responsible for the safety of ANY vessel entering UK Waters, therefore they also need access to details about non-UK vessels hence the use of MARS.

Mike

<hr width=100% size=1>Manager,
Aeronautical & Maritime Services Section,
Radiocommunications Agency

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
As you are aware there were concerns that others were shown as owners of people vessels. Anyway thanks for your quick work in sourcing the problem and your promise to correct it all ASAP. It is not often we get a 'hands up' when something has gone wrong, although I realise it was a 'field issue'. I wish to thank you for taking the time to answer everyones concerns.

Cheers,

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

MarcusMan

Visit site
Re: MARS definition

I have spoken to RA about errors in my MARS entry (they have my emergency contact listed at the owner!). The head of the relevant branch of RA tells me that they have some migration problems in transfering the data from the RA to the ITU and that they are working on it. When they solve it all the problems will apparently be sorted as they send the ITU a complete data set rather than just a list of additions and amendments.

<hr width=100% size=1>