Aquastar 70 >>74 rant

tcm

Visit site
I read (Boat internationl) that the award-wnning Aquastar 70 is being revised to become a 74. Doh!

I wonder if Aqustar realise how totally of-putting this is to potential owners? Sunseeker do the same, replacing models, stretching them a little for the new year, and so on, although I don't think that they've replaced a model quite so early as the Aquastar 70. But who wants to buy something knowing that it'll be the old model within a year or so? The japs do this with their cars too.

By contrast, witness the stabilty and gentle (external) evolution of mercedes and bmw car, for example. You need to look at the reg plate to work out how old it is.

Oh, and it makes no difference if "the 70 will remain available for those choosing the original design". The point is their premier offering in that bracket has been supplanted by a different model. I'd be prettty pissed off.

G

have cancelled order for all three 70's with immediate effect.

Indignant of Berkshire.

DepSol

Visit site
As each Aquastar that is built can be tailor made to your spec it doesnt really matter that they changed it as each one is different anyhow. Also so few are made each year who cares if the spec is changed it not like a sunseeker if its an aquastar you want I dont think it will put too many people off by changing the model after a few years.

I beleive they do a similar service to that of what you have had with the leopard according to Barry Kimber last time I spoke to him.

Dom

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I take it then that Leopard have just announced the introduction of the super new 23 ?

tcm

Visit site
Re: no!

I did check this out, but anyway, I didn't buy the "latest" model now did I? And also (on pupose) its style is slightly less than "leading edge" . Also, there's already a 24m which is also a metre wider. I *would* however, be pretty pissed orf if an award winning top-range boat was replaced so soon. Perhaps the lesson is not to buy the biggest model in a manufacturer's line-up? Or at least, not to allow oneself to be wound even more by ratbag ljs and Deleted User?

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: Aqua Star

Now theres a propper boat. Built for the sea. Goes like hell though anything. No need for posh tellys. Just watch the fish swimming by the windows. Dont need skipper just run aground nearly mostly, when ever. Call in local boozer and carry on.

Dont forget to order your Burgee. PM me.

Haydn

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Re: Aqua Star

Haydn you shouldn't have time to mess around here, just get on with your sheep shearing and wool dyeing and then sharpen up your knitting needles!

BTW agree about the Aqua Star, had a look at it at SBS, superbl boat with all the toys and well designed. Think you'd better cancel my order, now saving up for one!!