Anyone used 'Discountantifoul' products?

JimC

Visit site
Yes I've used this. It does the job perfectly well in the waters I sail: Irish Sea, N. Wales, W. Scotland. It is a soft eroding antifouling. I used the dark blue, which lightens appreciably upon immersion.

JimC

Visit site
P.S. just noticed the question about thinners. I don't use any. I stand the tin in a bucket of hot water for a couple of hours to thin the consistency to make it easier to apply and I use rollers and expendable cheap brushes for applying - so no thinners needed.

JimC

Visit site
Been to Roa Island many times - it's just across Morecambe Bay from Glasson Dock where I'm based - about 19 miles by the time you've got out of the Lune channel and up the Walney channel. It's a popular out & back weekend trip for Glasson boats and often boats from Roa will return the compliment. One thing we could never understand about Roa Island Boat Club is why their excellent clubhouse is open so infrequently, we would have spent a fortune there over the years. Instead we mostly spend our evenings in the Ship Inn on nearby Piel Island.

Now you're over on the East coast, how does it compare with the West? I've been following Dylan Winters' "Keep turning Left" videos and you appear to get much better weather over there - clearer skies and calmer seas?

Jim