Anyone still cruising ?

Garold

Visit site
What's the length of you boat if you don't mind me asking??? And what online weather do you look at in Mallorca????

Beneteau Oceanis 38. We are 11.19m on our registry docs.

I use a variety of weather apps and average them. XCweather, Windfinder pro, Buoyweather are my main sources of weather and swell info.

Garold

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Well it's great to see not everyone is tucked up in the Marina for the next six months .
As I write this we anchored in one of the busy anchorage on the island of Malta , normally you couldn't swing a cat here due the week let alone the weekend , to day we anchored with one other local boat which no doubt will head back to the Marina to night .

Some of the best sailing is to be ad this time of the year .
Carry on cruising guys ,

crisjones

Visit site
Weather permitting good here at the moment , sunny 26c here in Malta to day and the next few days are looking good

Anchored off Tivat, Montenegro at the moment, clear skies, no wind and 25deg. Looks like staying that way for the next few days so we will stay around here for maybe another week before looking for a friendly weather window to get to Rocella. Just have to fill the tanks with duty free diesel before we leave!!

GrahamM376

Visit site
I'm in Madeira, after cruising from Algarve in March and circumnavigating all the Canaries bar El Hierro before battering my way north fromLa Palma to here.
Just finished mending everything I broke and planning hdg back to Algarve on Tuesday after crew flies in. Looks like no wind, so donk time!

That's about to change, are you back yet?

djh1962

Visit site
Hi there, yes were heading South around the Peloponnese and wintering North of Athens in the beginning of December, weather here just SE of Zante is low 20's and little wind of late, but that will no doubt change ;)

sailaboutvic

Visit site
First week in November nearly gone , weather here still good for sailing although we getting more bad weather has each week goes by , just a matter of hopping from one anchorage to another to stay clear of the worst , many of our freinds are now tucked away in the winter spot .
Another three weeks and we be joining then for some months . Sad to say another season nearly over .
We can't complain we had a good one covering much less then other year just 2100nm .

capnsensible

Visit site
The ARC+ left Gran Canaria today for the Cape Verdes. Nearly 70 yachts. My mate left last Monday from Lanzarote to stay ahead of the rush, but looking at Marine Traffic, its gonna be busy there!

SV Kittiwake

Visit site
Weather's still nice in Portimao, and we're sat in the anchorage getting ready to haul out. Not really cruising as such, but enjoying living on the boat. Vic, how are the anchorages in Malta at this time of year? We're hoping to be over that way next winter.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Weather's still nice in Portimao, and we're sat in the anchorage getting ready to haul out. Not really cruising as such, but enjoying living on the boat. Vic, how are the anchorages in Malta at this time of year? We're hoping to be over that way next winter.
There not many anchorage on the three islands but they are in position that no matter which way the winds coming from you can find shelter and all within half a day sail away or a few hours motoring .
This time of year it's great we have them almost to our self except on nice weekend , summer time is another story , they can be packed with local boats at weekend .

Visit site
First week in November nearly gone , weather here still good for sailing although we getting more bad weather has each week goes by , just a matter of hopping from one anchorage to another to stay clear of the worst , many of our freinds are now tucked away in the winter spot .
Another three weeks and we be joining then for some months . Sad to say another season nearly over .
We can't complain we had a good one covering much less then other year just 2100nm .

Same here ,but I intend to cruise all winter, as usual. Just got back from a week of cruising, heading back out in a couple of days. Nice to be in a place with so many hurricane proof anchorages, every few miles.
Great fishing!
Lots of insulation and a good wood stove, make it not much different from summer, underway.
Wonderfully deserted out there.