Anyone keep their boat in Alicante?

PEJ

Visit site
Does / did anyone keep their boat in Alicante?

I visited there recently and I like the look of the place to relocate to. Any tips or advice gratefully received. I am told that the bars can get noisy in the summer so a position away from them is better.

The marina is full right now so I'd be interested to know if anyone knows what the churn rate of boats leaving is.

kashurst

Visit site
The 15m - 18m berths at the most North East side can be noisy as they are closest to the popular bars. The berths near El Chipiron restaurant seem quieter as it's mostly restaurants along that side. I don't moor there but have been loads of times over the last 15 years. The fuel pontoon can get very very busy at weekends so if you are thinking of filling up, wait for a quiet moment.

If you ask at the marina office it's full, but a lot of berths are privately owned and rented out via third parties.
Have you spoken to these people. They rent out a lot of privately owned moorings in Alicante and the surrounding the area. They may be able to help, or let you know when something is coming up.

NAVICULARIA

• Pto. Deportivo Marina Internacional 03181 Torrevieja (Alicante)

• +34 965 705 642 · +34 629 633 242

• Info@navicularia.com

PEJ

Visit site
I see that they have 18 x 6.2m berths. My boat is 18.47m.

How fussy are they likely to be about the extra length? Do you think they would let me have an 18m berth?

Truro Ex Pat

Visit site
We were there a few years back and it was an excellent choice, easy airport link and nice two as well which is close to the marina. We booked via the marina office and had no problem finding a place.

kashurst

Visit site
I see that they have 18 x 6.2m berths. My boat is 18.47m.

How fussy are they likely to be about the extra length? Do you think they would let me have an 18m berth?
the marina office might let you get away with it, a third party berth broker almost certainly will. Pretty sure no-one will turn up with a tape measure. At your length and med mooring you won't noticably stick out.

MapisM

Visit site
What's your beam?
Can't tell by heart what boat PEJ has, but 6.2m is unheard of, for a 18m monohull mobo. That's 80+ feet territory.
No idea about how fussy they are on length in that particular marina, but half a meter on a 18m boat is pretty close to irrelevant.
None of the marinas I've ever been would bother about that.

PEJ

Visit site
Can't tell by heart what boat PEJ has, but 6.2m is unheard of, for a 18m monohull mobo. That's 80+ feet territory.
No idea about how fussy they are on length in that particular marina, but half a meter on a 18m boat is pretty close to irrelevant.
None of the marinas I've ever been would bother about that.

Yes I thought that was a strange width to length ratio. I am 4.88m wide so plenty of room in a 6.2m. Here is the link from the guys that PeteM mentioned (thanks Pete!)

18 x 6.2 Metre Berth Marina Alicante - Marina berths for sale spain and the balearics, moorings for sale, boat moorings spain, marinas, moorings, boat berths

AlexKT7

Visit site
Have a look at Torrevieja, Santa Pola? these tend to be cheaper vs Alicante but relatively easy to get to from the airport

I am looking for 10m x 3.6m at Guardamar de Segura. Love this small town. Have been there many times over the last 10 years.

AlexKT7

Visit site
What's your beam?

In my marina, they're not bothered about length (we are 10.5m in a 10m berth). They're far more interested in beam.

Where do you keep your boat? I am talking to Torrevieja International marina who are trying to put me in touch with some private owners . Marina told me that my boat ( 9’97 x 3.6) would not fit their 10x3.5 berth thus I have to upgrade to 12 x4 option (asking price is EUR 2700 without water & electricity which are metered) . I am so frustrated as these 10 cm are going to cost me 900EUR extra . Also , they said I need to pay G5 and marina membership fees on a top. Which is another 740 Euro’s expense .
Thanks

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Where do you keep your boat? I am talking to Torrevieja International marina who are trying to put me in touch with some private owners . Marina told me that my boat ( 9’97 x 3.6) would not fit their 10x3.5 berth thus I have to upgrade to 12 x4 option (asking price is EUR 2700 without water & electricity which are metered) . I am so frustrated as these 10 cm are going to cost me 900EUR extra . Also , they said I need to pay G5 and marina membership fees on a top. Which is another 740 Euro’s expense .
Thanks
We're a 3.45m wide boat based in Marina Greenwich, north of Alicante.

In our marina, a 3.6m wide boat would go on an 11m berth but that would still cost the best part of €9k p.a.

Remember that the marina isn't being petty about beam, there is literally no space between berths where we are.

AlexKT7

Visit site
I think, now I get their pricing. Berth with the beam of 3.5m fits boats that have beams of around 3.1m (40 cm allowance for fenders), thus if I have the beam of 3.6m I have to look for a berth with the width of 4m at least. In addition to that, they may charge G5, membership, electricity & water fees.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
I think, now I get their pricing. Berth with the beam of 3.5m fits boats that have beams of around 3.1m (40 cm allowance for fenders), thus if I have the beam of 3.6m I have to look for a berth with the width of 4m at least. In addition to that, they may charge G5, membership, electricity & water fees.

Are you sure about that? Again, in my marina a 3.5m beam boat will fit on a 3.5m berth.

kashurst

Visit site
AlexKT7, talk to these people, Navicularia, ask for Shekzhad or Alex, (both speak English) they do all the privately owned berths in Torrevieja. Explain the beam issue, they may be able to "smooth things over" and get you on a 10m berth. 10cm isn't going to matter.
I am in the international marina and rent through Navicularia and it is cheaper than going through the marina office. I have dealt with them for 10 years, they are very helpful - especially Shekzhad.

AlexKT7

Visit site
AlexKT7, talk to these people, Navicularia, ask for Shekzhad or Alex, (both speak English) they do all the privately owned berths in Torrevieja. Explain the beam issue, they may be able to "smooth things over" and get you on a 10m berth. 10cm isn't going to matter.
I am in the international marina and rent through Navicularia and it is cheaper than going through the marina office. I have dealt with them for 10 years, they are very helpful - especially Shekzhad.

already contacted them by email; do I just call the number off the website?