Anybody re-engining?

G

A mate of mine is looking for a Volvo 175A V6 petrol engine, c'os his has gone bang.

Anyones chagning to diesel or know of one for sale?

Thanks

eddieperkins

Visit site
Colin,
Firstly congratulations on breaking your channel virginity, you write a good yarn as well.
Secondly there is a guy on the PBO forum (sexy 280 legs)with a 175 that has a frost damaged block, but if your mates has gone bang that is probably not a lot of good. It may be worth trying Paul at coastal rides, he may be able to do a rebuild cost effectivley or the other (my favoured) option is to re engine with a diesel from Lancing Marine, or from a scrapyard marinised with bits from lancing.
Regards,
Eddie

G

Thanks Eddie.
A frost damaged block won't be much good to him, he needs a complete new engine, I think he's had a conrod try to get some fresh air and poke itself outside for a look see, so needs the whole lot. I mentioned a diesel too and suggested Lancing Marine, but he doesn't do many hours a year and has convinced himself that the cost of petrol (at river speeds mainly) is worth living with. I'll try coastal rides, have you got a number?
Thks

Other threads that may be of interest