Anybody got.....

AIDY

www.ybw.com
A chart of the Atlantic / Med handy ? would like to know approx distance from Canary Islands to Barcelona via Gibraltar and Malaga.

A possiblitity I will be sailing this with a couple of friends in June, want to find out what i'm letting me self in for.

It's not a lot of good using me old school atlas for distances, i will invest in a couple of charts at the weekend.

Any advise welcome for a solent / channel sailor on a first long passage like this.

thank for your help.

<hr width=100% size=1>/forums/images/icons/wink.gif <font color=blue> Regards Andy </font color=blue>

ChrisE

www.simpleisgood.com
About 1300 miles.

I'd expect wind on the nose as you leave the Canaries to somewhere near Gib which is about half the trip, although the further north you go the less constant the wind. You'll be on the edge of NE trades and then in the bottom of the Portugese trades. I have no expereince of the weather near the NW African coast and the Med but I'd be surprised if it wasn't hot and sunny most of the time. However, I'm sure that othrrs can give you a better idea of the details.

Chris

<hr width=100% size=1>