Any one for Book Swops?

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
I have a fair collection of sailing books and occasionally buy books I already have (Doh!) No doubt some of you also have duplicate or no longer wanted books. Or perhaps you just don't want to keep a book after reading it. Why don't we arrange swaps on here?

I will start the ball rolling with two spares. PM me with swap offers if you are interested. If not post your own swaps and we'll see what happens.

1/ My Ship is So Small, by Ann Davison. The first female to do a solo transatlantic (in a long keel 23' double ender) Early to mid 50's

2/ The Bombard Story. by Alain Bombard. He crossed the Atlantic in an inflatable dinghy living off the sea alone. Very useful for proven survival hints & tips!

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Steve Kean, Searush (Westerly Pentland Ketch) N. Wales

trouville

N/A
Visit site
Thats great!We could post them! Postage isent that expensive yet!

What about scanning some of the classics? There are sites that are doing that and have a huge list of scanned books!

Ive just found a safe? wi-fi so i can post again and read more posts! Up to now including this morning i was saveing posts to disc to read aboard!!!I almost got shot i had to rush off very quickly this morning!

Illlook for my links and post later merry christmass every one!!And dont drink to much tonight!!

eebygum

Visit site
I will also offer up:

Lisa Clayton, At the Mercy of the Sea - Her single Handed non stop journey around the world......swap or 2.50 plus 1.75 2nd class postage

Pete Goss, Close to the Wind 'The story of a brave man; a man who turned into the teeth of a hurricane to save the life of a fellow competitor in a single-handed round the world yacht race"......swap or 2.50 plus 1.75 2nd class postage

Bernard Moitessier, Cape Horn - The Logical Route, The story of Moitessier's honeymoon yoyage from Europe to the Islands of the pacific ......swap or 4.50 plus 1.75 2nd class postage

Swap for good solo books, Atlantic crossings, North Atlantic Pilot Charts/Books, American East Coast Atlantic charts/Pilots Books

Drop me a line or make me an offer.

Cheers
Andrew

Santana379

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Bernard Moitessier, Cape Horn - The Logical Route, The story of Moitessier's honeymoon yoyage from Europe to the Islands of the pacific ......swap or 4.50 plus 1.75 2nd class postage

[/ QUOTE ]
PM Sent

Little Knot

donm

Visit site
Twisterowner

Steve has galvanised me into sorting out my books and I have a copy of the Motessier book. Published 1969. Good condition. You can have it at the same price as Steve quoted £4.50; £1.75 2nd class postage.

If anyone else is interested, I am also selling the following Hiscock books all in good condition

Beyond the West Horizon - 1963

Sou'West in Wanderer IV - 1977 (Reader's Union edition)

Cruising under sail - Second edition 1978

First two - prices and postage as Motessier's book. "Cruising under sail" is bigger so say £6 and £2.50 postage

More to follow - should I be putting these on the For Sale Forum?

Don

trouville

N/A
Visit site
Ive found some great books! Once in portofino i took a box of "swaps" and almost gave away my best books!!!

I still have them and one is "My ship is to small" by Ann Davison the first woman to cross the Atlantic to New york and later the carabean before reterning to the UK I alsohave "the last voyage" which was a disaster and in which her husband died. Good book but sad!

Those would suit smiffy!!!!Not to mention sailing and cruising by alard coles very good! lots of 2 to 5 tonners

Or the yachting year 40s edited by someone called Eric c. Hiscock

Yachting season of 1845 and hunts year book for 1840! Accordind to uffa yacht crusing by claude worth all good books and more!!!