any one been out today

mercman

Visit site
Was out blasting around on sea trials on a new Scorpion 9m with a 275 hp Mercury Verado wow nice. Bloody nippy thou!!!!
Not many people out in the Solent today.

raven

Visit site
Was out with Dave & Frank Snelson aboard Coney Island returning her from overwintering in Pwllelli to her summer mooring in Portmadog (yes it's now officially summer!!)

Had a fantastic blast out around the St Tudwals Islands off Abersoch and back passing close to Pen-y-Chain Point where we spotted porpoise and seals.

We seemed to have the whole damn Irish Sea to ourselves and it was absolutely flat calm and tailor-made for power boating. In conditions like that we could have been in Arklow or Wicklow in under two hours, sipped a pint of Guiness and home in time for tea! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cliffdale

Visit site
I did something totally mad today. Outside temperature was 1 degree, wind chill factor made it feel like -5.

What did I do???

Washed down the boat at 8am, then got totally drenched by jet washing the canapy and decks. I gave up when my hands got so cold I couldn't pull the trigger on the jet wash gun.

Dedication or what!

Nautical

www.outerreefyachts.com
Was out yesterday round Hamble way sea trialing and setting up new autopilot, and by eck was it cold, even bumped into Fraulein Skippy who was cold, so cold in fact she could'nt even get the words out...

....'zat is not zee vay to do za doughnut' ...ninkampoop!

I even lost the will to concentrate and cocked up my normal and 'perfectly' /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif executed stern too mooring.

[2068]

Visit site
BBBBBbbbbbrrrrrrrrr.

Tried to change the gaiters and anodes on the trim tabs yesterday. Lasted about 30mins, then turned into an icecube. Took the fire on full blast and a couple of large GM's (port wood finish) to thaw...

dv.

Greg2

Visit site
Was out on a sea trial on Monday for a boat we are currently buying (subject to survey). Blinkin cold but what a blast! Nice day and 36 knots flat out /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Outstanding after lolloping along at 10 knots in our previous boats!

mirage

www.ttp.co.uk
Was out this morning (Sunday)

boat003.jpg

boat008.jpg

Chas25

Visit site
What is it about everyone going on sea trials this weekend?? Well not wishing to be the odd one out was out yesterday on a sea trial of the Montery 250 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Took mine out for a quick spin earlier today, solent was nice and flat back up to 30nt's on the GPS now she's all clean /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Solitaire

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What is it about everyone going on sea trials this weekend?? Well not wishing to be the odd one out was out yesterday on a sea trial of the Montery 250 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess by the grin you liked it then??

Chas25

Visit site
Loved it, seems a really good package and the other half likes it to /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will be very interested to compare the performance of the 250 with the Yanmar against the Volvo D4 260

billy2s

Visit site
Slid down the gangway to the pontoon and scraped the ice of the window...... gingerly moved around the decks to retrieve the fenders as we set off down the Exe...

Lovely day on the water as the slight swell died, and we... well... some of us, (eh Long John?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) enjoyed a couple of dives... in water at 6C. I managed to clock up 90 minutes down over the two dives..

A gentle mosey back up the Exe and around the moorings and back into the Docks at about 4.. a very pleasant day indeed!

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Lovely day in Brighton today. Just out for a blast around this afternoon; tried my new telescopic fishing rod but it doesn't work properly... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

AdeOlly

Visit site
Was out on foot yesterday with jnr around Chichester Marina (buying antifoul and other expensive stuff nearby). Not there too often, but was surprised there was virtually nothing moving whatsoever, given there was no wind to speak of and was a bit warmer than of late - just millions of squids of boat bobbing away gently. Why wasn't I out you may ask... because I'm waiting for the nice man from Sealine to visit sunny Eastbourne and replace my leaking PAS pump, then once I've mopped up the flood of PAS fluid I'll be all set. I bet it'll be windy next weekend......