anti foul which one

simonfraser

Visit site
Hi,

swinging mooring, east mersea, boat in water 24/7

seajet emporer or international csc mircon ?

any other sugestions, eroding only, many thanks, Simon

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Simon

Your guess is as good as anyones!

I'm based in Brightlingsea & I used Flag for 3 years - very happy for the first 2 years then last year everything grew! Can't remember who told me but seem to remember from somewhere that International antifoul did not work well in East waters? No idea why.

Am trying Blakes Cruising this year as it got a reasonable write up. Tell you how good in 8 months!

Good sailing

Peter

samuel

Visit site
Bradwell based plus sail to Biscay plus Dutch waters
Blakes Ocean Performer every time
Dead easy to sand off at end of season. The only problem is that where it settles in the mud at low water in the marina it tends to get clogged slightly & bottom 18 inches of keel gets some slime
Do not seem to get much problem at the water line as in the marina it seems to leech upwards a bit. I occasionally get a blue stain up to about 2 inches above the water line. It wipes off easily but seems to kill any weed so i leave it. A short sail tends to wash it off
I start painting by going round the water line then do the hull then finish at waterline again. That way the top 9 inches gets 4 coats it ( I use 2 No. 2.5 litre cans & covers 31 Ft Hanse 315fin keel twice quite easily. I also get extra coats on leadin edges etc.
To sand it off I use a sanding pad on a pole with a universal joint( they are dry lining sanders purchased from a builders merchant) I can get lots of pressure on the sandpaper by using 2 hands . I often sit on a chair under the boat & rest 1 end of the pole on my knee& hold the pole with 2 hands. That way one can really get sanding. I takes 4 hours to sand my yacht back to the base coat. I always alternate paint colours so I can see the erosion of the coating at a glance
If you press mailspeed a bit they will give you 15% off the paint. Still expensive but the ease of application & sanding off & performance is well worth it

oldsaltoz

Visit site
G'day Simon,

Have a look at the can and read the labels, you are looking for the active ingredients and the percentage used, cheaper ones have more filler than active ingredients, and so do some expensive ones, so take the time to read the contents and make a choice based on who has the highest percentage.

Avagoodweekend......