Antares 760 passenger seating - help please

Pleinmont

Visit site
I thought the passenger was supposed to ‘perch’ on the back of the seat to see forward, hence the space and top cushion. A seat there would be too low. The PO of mine created more deck space by doing away with the gap and shortening the seat, hence more room and bigger table but no saloon berths and still no forward seat. Mrs JD either stands, sits on the rear forward facing seat or….nicks my chair and steers ?

View attachment 125319

Nice layout - looks good!
Mine is also set up along those lines (added a bench where your port seat is, got rid of the bed and the fwd folding section that lifts with the engine hatch) but not quite as well made :giggle:

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
When I looked into this some years ago I saw a very compact solution somehwere.

After thinking really hard I remembered it was in a ACM Elite 31 and Merry Fisher 925
Passengerseat.jpg

Bracket design visible at 1:56 in this video

Last edited:

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
Well, ACM as such went under long ago. Had my eye on a used ACM 1200 in 2009 with twin Yanmars, but had to realize it was out of my budget. Lovely boat, good build and finish.

ACM is a former shipyard founded in 1955 in Cabourg in Calvados by Albert and Marthe Charpentier. From 1961, ACM (Albert Marthe Charpentier) revolutionized nautical construction with the construction in polyester-balsa sandwich for which the Norman company obtained the "European label for nautical prevention" thanks to the unsinkability it confers on the boats built in this way. .

In the mid-1970s, the yard launched the ACM 1200 and 980. The latter model was built in 160 units and delivered to French customs as well as to other countries for coastal surveillance (Mauritania, Comoros, Guinea, Togo). At that time, around 30 to 40 boats were produced per year, which were distributed among the unconditional faithful and the administrations (customs, gendarmerie and maritime affairs).

After being taken over by Olivier Prouvost, partner of the Production Manager in 1990, ACM joined the Dufour Group in 1997 under the direction of Olivier Poncin. The company is leaving Cabourg to settle on the Colombelles site, near the Renault Trucks plant. A new range of speedboats from 8 to 14 meters was then launched: the Elite (September 1997), the Heritage (December 1997), the Dynasty (December 1998) and the Excellence (September 1999). The paths of ACM and Dufour separated when, following the departure of Olivier Poncin, the Dufour group, undergoing major restructuring, withdrew from the production of motor boats. ACM was sold in 2001. In 2004, ACM found itself in bankruptcy. The company was then taken over and moved a second time to settle in Bourguébus in the south-east of Caen. Another site is then created in Lorient where most of the activity is transferred. All that remained in Normandy was the making of boat hulls.

After having changed owners on numerous occasions (ACM Power, ACM Dufour, ACM Yachts in 2001, Green Recovery and Sey Group in 2004 which became ACM Arcoa), the company was placed in recovery in July 2012 and then liquidated on February 5, 2013 [ 1].

If you want to copy I'd suggest to either source the seat and/or bracket for Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925 or view one somewhere with a tape measure and a camera :)

seasick

Visit site
I am reluctant to post a negative reply but my experience was that SWMBO soon got fed up with not facing forward. The best compromise solution I saw was to insert a Stool in the gap between navigator seat.. A 760 owner in MDL Chatham showed me his . The size of the stool ie footprint is difficult to find but one could make or modify one. The small space prevents the stool moving.

Pleinmont

Visit site
Well, ACM as such went under long ago. Had my eye on a used ACM 1200 in 2009 with twin Yanmars, but had to realize it was out of my budget. Lovely boat, good build and finish.

If you want to copy I'd suggest to either source the seat and/or bracket for Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925 or view one somewhere with a tape measure and a camera :)

Thanks for the article, I didn't realise they had gone through all that then folded - would explain the scarcity of them compared to MF and Beneteau etc.
Bit of a shame as their boat designs and presence on the water (in my opinion) were a step above the other similar French boats that have all ended up very similar.
ACM had a bit more individuality and seemed closer to the Nimbus level of finish and design from what I have seen.

sailorman

Visit site
I am tempted to buy a Beneteau Antares 760 except that it lacks forward-facing seating beside the single helmseat. In my search I found that such seating is commonplace in many similar boats, and a very welcome facility.

I have tried to figure-out a retrofit design, but failed due to the geometry of the existing wheelhouse seating.

Has any 760 owner managed to do this ? Please let me know if you have - photos or sketches would be particularly welcome.

Thanks
as uderstad frm viewing youtube the bavkrest is repotionened.when underwah.i hae a question is the steering hydrsulic