and what about Ultraleds?

basba

Visit site
Since it seems to be a common practice, i'm going to talk about my own experience with one of the worst example of customer services. We have a boat yes, but we're not rich. So every purchase that I have to do should be without any fault. Maybe this is the wrong way of thinking, everything concerning Marine Business has thought for rich people so they can buy everything that they want without asking any information.
Anyway below you'll see my electronic conversation with Ultraleds, any comments will be accepted with a smile :)

1st Mail:

Sent: 08 April 2010 17:01
> To: Sales Team
> Subject: General Inquiry Enquiry from Ultraleds.co.u k
>
>
> G4 DC 15 Led Warm White Led Bulb 8v-30v 2.6w=35w
> £25.98
> 20 Lumen 3v High Brightness RED Replacement Torch Bulb Standard
> £5.96
> (264) 42mm 6 WA SMT Leds Festoon 1W=11W output Warm White
> £69.80
> 9 Led MR11 110 Lumen Warm White AC/DC
> £45.84
> 382/1156/BA15S 6 Led Warm White Wide Angle Single Con Bulb
> £9.99
>
> Sub-Total: £157.57
>
> Dear Madam/sir,I 'd like to make the order above, but I'd like to specify
> some points: I want to be sure that all leds that I want to recieve are WARM
> WHITE(except torch leds), and I want to ask you if you confirm that BAY15D
> type bulbs are indicated to put inside the colored sidelights (inside green
> and red colored plastics), because I saw in your web this mention :
> "UTRI4WW) 25watt Mast Light Warm White Led Light BAY15D (3w=25W)
> New Ultra High Brightness Leds UTRI4
> NEW WARM WHITE VERSION
> (To shine Through Tri Colour in the correct Colour)"
> One other question is on MR11 leds, I ordered 6 of one model but eventually
> two of them should be smaller in width, your new ultrabright warm light leds
> MR11, have the same width with the ones that I put in my cart?
> Can you please calculate me (not has to be exactly) shipping costs to 00179
> Ro me Italy?
> thanks and best regards
> basak
>

THE FIRST ANSWER

Subject: RE: General Inquiry Enquiry from Ultraleds.co.uk
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:48:19 +0100

Basak

All leds are warm white
>
> All MR11 are the same size as a normal mr11 bulb width size
>
> Sipping to It aly is all weight based before you put your credit card info in

THE SECOND MAIL

Goodmorning,
thank you for your kindly and fast reply.
I want to remind you that I've done another question
and I want to ask you if you confirm that BAY15D
> NEW WARM WHITE VERSION

thanks and best regards
basak

the second answer without answering my question at all:

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 12:05:08 +0100

Basak,
As i said all bulbs will be supplied in warm white – including the utri4 for correct colours through the mast trilight

the third and fatal question

so you confirm that, the red light will be seen as red, not dark pink as the other similar leds do inside the red colored plastic. sorry for my insistance, but I hope you may comprehend.
thanks in advance
basak

AND THE ANSWER IS:

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 13:02:47 +0100

Basak

Please find another supplier in tired of answering the same silly questions!!!!

We sell thousands of these products to people with yachts who do not keep asking stupid questions !!

I'd like to think that he's a great fan of New Model Army ("Don't ask anymore stupid question", really wonderful song), or he was only very tired, who knows?
I didn't put his name here because of privacy terms, but believe me he is not an unexpert simple employee...so to whom I could write my claim?

However, I ordered my leds to two different German companies (without navigation lights only underdeck), prices are very interesting but I still have to wait to tell you if they are satisfying too...

Buon vento
basak

Blue5

Visit site
Since it seems to be a common practice, i'm going to talk about my own experience with one of the worst example of customer services. We have a boat yes, but we're not rich. So every purchase that I have to do should be without any fault. Maybe this is the wrong way of thinking, everything concerning Marine Business has thought for rich people so they can buy everything that they want without asking any information.
Anyway below you'll see my electronic conversation with Ultraleds, any comments will be accepted with a smile :)

1st Mail:

Sent: 08 April 2010 17:01
> To: Sales Team
> Subject: General Inquiry Enquiry from Ultraleds.co.u k
>
>
> G4 DC 15 Led Warm White Led Bulb 8v-30v 2.6w=35w
> £25.98
> 20 Lumen 3v High Brightness RED Replacement Torch Bulb Standard
> £5.96
> (264) 42mm 6 WA SMT Leds Festoon 1W=11W output Warm White
> £69.80
> 9 Led MR11 110 Lumen Warm White AC/DC
> £45.84
> 382/1156/BA15S 6 Led Warm White Wide Angle Single Con Bulb
> £9.99
>
> Sub-Total: £157.57
>
> Dear Madam/sir,I 'd like to make the order above, but I'd like to specify
> some points: I want to be sure that all leds that I want to recieve are WARM
> WHITE(except torch leds), and I want to ask you if you confirm that BAY15D
> NEW WARM WHITE VERSION
> One other question is on MR11 leds, I ordered 6 of one model but eventually
> two of them should be smaller in width, your new ultrabright warm light leds
> MR11, have the same width with the ones that I put in my cart?
> Can you please calculate me (not has to be exactly) shipping costs to 00179
> Ro me Italy?
> thanks and best regards
> basak
>

THE FIRST ANSWER

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:48:19 +0100

Basak

All leds are warm white
>
> All MR11 are the same size as a normal mr11 bulb width size
>
> Sipping to It aly is all weight based before you put your credit card info in

THE SECOND MAIL

Goodmorning,
thank you for your kindly and fast reply.
I want to remind you that I've done another question
and I want to ask you if you confirm that BAY15D
> NEW WARM WHITE VERSION

thanks and best regards
basak

the second answer without answering my question at all:

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 12:05:08 +0100

Basak,
As i said all bulbs will be supplied in warm white – including the utri4 for correct colours through the mast trilight

the third and fatal question

so you confirm that, the red light will be seen as red, not dark pink as the other similar leds do inside the red colored plastic. sorry for my insistance, but I hope you may comprehend.
thanks in advance
basak

AND THE ANSWER IS:

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 13:02:47 +0100

Basak

Please find another supplier in tired of answering the same silly questions!!!!

We sell thousands of these products to people with yachts who do not keep asking stupid questions !!

I'd like to think that he's a great fan of New Model Army ("Don't ask anymore stupid question", really wonderful song), or he was only very tired, who knows?
I didn't put his name here because of privacy terms, but believe me he is not an unexpert simple employee...so to whom I could write my claim?

However, I ordered my leds to two different German companies (without navigation lights only underdeck), prices are very interesting but I still have to wait to tell you if they are satisfying too...

Buon vento
basak

Great customer service technique, no name on the e-mail so you know who you are dealing with.....................................:):)could understand if it had been signed GERALD RATNER...........:):)

alt

Visit site
UltraLED's are way over-priced imho, bought once and learned my lesson. I now buy all my LED stuff from www.led1.de - free shipping anywhere in Europe too

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
At least you got a reply, however rude and unsatisfactory. I returned six festoon bulbs to them, all had failed, the first in one hour and the whole lot within a season. I sent a covering letter but didn't have the original invoice. I never even received a reply, not unexpectedly as I had read of numerous abusive telephone calls.

beyondtheblue

Visit site
I was going to place an order with Ultraleds last week for a LED anchor light. On their website it only showed one type of bayonet mount, and not the one I needed.

I e-mailed them to ask if they had alternatives. I got a reply that didn't answer my question so I phoned and told the guy that answered the phone that I had e-mailed an enquiry the day before, he immediately jumped down my throat saying that they probably hadn't had time to reply yet, when I told him that I have had a reply but it didn't answer my question he snapped that the guy that e-mailed me was on the other line and he can't answer for him and hung up on me. Unbelievable!

Coaster

Visit site
My experience of Ultraleds was very different. I ordered about £80 of goods from them last year. The order arrived promptly and correctly. So far the various lamps have worked properly.

I will be wary in any possible future dealings with Ultraleds but won't rule out buying from them.

One point always occurs to me when reading about others' complaints. How do we know that the whole story is being given? Has the information supplied been edited?

I wonder whether anyone else on this forum has had satisfactory dealings with Ultraleds?

doctormilner

Visit site
ULTRALEDS

I fitted an ultraled tricolour bulb atop my 15 mtr mast as a replacement for the 25w usual bulb. It stopped working after about 12 months and only 100 hrs use.
on inspection the two bayonet lugs had fractured off. I feel this is a design fault as the base of the bulb is very narrow , the top of the bulb is very heavy and wide, plus extra long because of extra fitting to ensure tricolour alignment.
As you throw the boat from tack to tack the force generated at mast top is more than these small bayonet lugs can take.
There is not much point in selling an expensive bulb that can last 10,000 hours if the lugs fail after a very short time. They need to really beef these lugs up.!
For my money the NASA leds are far better as a whole unit , brighter , better colour but they have a very unusual mounting arrangement , that has stopped me so far mounting the tricolour over the all round white.

AlistairC

Visit site
I dealt with Ultraleds a couple of years ago.

The order arrived swiftly, however one of the units was faulty.

The guy insisted that there was no warranty on any items. I seem to remember that he sarcastically replied - see who will give you a warranty on a light bulb!

My thoughts are that there are cheaper places to buy with no support (like buying from HK off ebay at half the price), and I don't think there is ever an excuse for rudeness.

photodog

Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthor
Visit site
Egads! What have I let myself in for?? Swmbo bought 8 or so G4 replacements from them... which arrived on time... I installed them a few weeks ago and they appear great.........

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
Egads! What have I let myself in for?? Swmbo bought 8 or so G4 replacements from them... which arrived on time... I installed them a few weeks ago and they appear great.........
Me too. Just installed four of their festoon bulb replacements in the cabin lights and they Ok so far. Perhaps I won't throw away the old filament bulbs just yet though.
LED navlights on my boat are Lopolight at the bow and Aquasignal at the stern. Expensive but too important to skimp IMHO.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Me too. Just installed four of their festoon bulb replacements in the cabin lights and they Ok so far. Perhaps I won't throw away the old filament bulbs just yet though.
LED navlights on my boat are Lopolight at the bow and Aquasignal at the stern. Expensive but too important to skimp IMHO.

It was their festoon bulbs that failed on me, six of them in all. They had 18 (I think) individual LEDs in each unit. As they were in the forecabin and heads they were never used at charging voltage, battery only. Look out for the flickering as individual LEDs fail. Keep the receipt! although much good may it do you.

santeana

Visit site
Installed #5 festoon 42mm warm white leds from Ultra 4 years ago. Still all ok. Had good service from them then but thanks for the heads-up. Just no excuse for such impertinence.

Shuggy

Visit site
There have been a number of posts on these people. I would not go anywhere near them again - ever. I have bought from them a few times but after the last occasion promised it would be the last.