Am I alone??

max

Visit site
Here I am sat on the 21st Floor of an office block in central London (not too far from Kim's) on an absolutely glorious day watching the boats chug up an down on the Thames far below cursing the mortgage that chains me to the desk. And what does the afternoon have in store? Meetings about intractable property issues and insurance hassles. Am I alone in my misery? Are all of you about to set out for a truly memorable evening sail? Heres hoping that some of you have the freedom to actually go sailing rather than just think about it.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Ooh, intractable property issues

Ooh, that sounds quite interesting. Is one side determined to appeal and the freeholder dermined that the rent is far to low compared to similar properties? Or perhaps the insurance issue relates to possible terrorist cover? Do tell.

<hr width=100% size=1>

max

Visit site
Re: Ooh, intractable property issues

how did you know? or are you the b*****d who is advising the other side?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Aeolus_IV

Visit site
I'm not sure if this help or simply push you further into misery... We got a wonderful sail in yesterday evening - out of the marina on the 6pm lock, raced round the cans until gone 9pm, and rushed in (under engine after finishing the race) to beat in one of the thickest fog banks I can remember rolling in from the SE, just as the sun was setting.

As for the question - isn't that a little too philosophical for day this hot? I'd need a large cool drink before I began pulling that one apart.

Regards, Jeff.

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: Ooh, intractable property issues

i think it might have given it away when asked did he want to keep the curtains he said

yes we could. we can soak them in paraffin and use them to burn the roof timbers when they come down.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>if guinness is good for you. i must be very very good</font color=red>

Spacewaist

blog.mailasail.com
Re: You\'re not alone

Stick your head out of the window and I'll wave back.

Tomorrow's Poet's day

<hr width=100% size=1>A pontification from the Panjandrum of orotund bloviation AD2003

PaulR

Home West Sussex, Boat on Mooring in Gosport
Visit site
Re: you\'re alone now

can certainly identify with you on this one-yesterday 1545 I was sitting in my car, suited and booted, waiting for the householder I was visiting to turn up and parked with a few metres of the beach at Pevensey Bay East Sussex - looking out to sea and it looked superb and there were any number of fellow yotties - not working but out there sailing-can't decide if it was better being able to see it and wish I was out there or better being inland and not thinking about it at all-roll on tomorrow evening and my turn!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Robin

Visit site
Shhh, I got too hot and took off to the boat lunchtime for the rest of the afternoon with the 'phone diverted onto the mobile. Now if I could crack the fax machine & email....

<hr width=100% size=1>

Two_Hapence

Visit site
I thought about skiving off and did exactly that. What a glorious afternoons sailing. Then SWMBO phoned and suggesting that she could get some time off and did I want to meet her at the boat for a sail.

As I tried to gather my wits and come up with a plausible excuse she heard the seagulls, waves and general noise of a yacht on passage and reached the conclusion that I was already sailing and was highly dischuffed.

I went sheepishly home and was consigned to the spare room. Thought about going back down to the boat and then decided that it was best just to stay where I was and keep quiet till it all blew over!

It was still a great days sailing.

Regards

Ian

<hr width=100% size=1>

Sybarite

Visit site
Re:The difference between power and responsibility

They've even got waterproof mobiles .... Wow!

John

<hr width=100% size=1>

NigeCh

Visit site
Yes.

I'm just back from somewhere and get paid in $$$ for sailing. I'm off again soon to collect some more $$$.

Life's great when you get paid for your hobby, albiet on push button boats.

<hr width=100% size=1>

BrendanS

Visit site
If I lived that close to my boat, I'd never be off it! Oh, you mean miles! ;)

<hr width=100% size=1>Err, let me know if Depsol enters the forum, I'll go and hide

CliveG

Visit site
I Had a nice sail last night.
Well more of a drift. The wind dropped to not a lot soon after we launched.

We keep an old Enterprise dinghy at the local sailing club.
Is to good to be able to slip off and get on the water for a couple of hours.
Picked up fish and Chips on the way home.

Not the same as a good week at sea but stress relief all the same.

CliveG

<hr width=100% size=1>