Almost now or never!

Contest1

Visit site
Got the green light for my long planned cast off for the Med.
Taking my Centaur, thanks to all who contributed to my previous options thread, mainly because I trust her to handle anything I can,t!
Need to deal with the lack of a registration process here in Ireland but can go for the British SSR in anycase.
Booked in for the ICC and marine radio courses in June.
Looking at a bit of a shake down cruise to Cork end of June, early July and then a cast off end of July.
Plan to head for the Scilly Isles and then Ile dOuessant and port hop along the coast for as long as the summer lasts.
Idealy I,d like to overwinter on board so I,m looking for a snug berth somewere not too expensive or isolated within a couple of months gentle sailing along the Biscayne coast. I,m thinking 100 miles a week would be a good average and allow for plenty of RnR.
Putting this up to focous my mind, if I don,t go I,m gona stop kidding myself an buy a motor home.:disgust:
I,v followed a few blogs along the route but none seem to concentrate on the passage so if anyone knows of a more sailing/passage planning orientated blog I,d be obliged.

Last edited:

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
100 miles a week sounds very relaxing. Perhaps 2 or 3 leisurely days sailing and the rest R & R.

I always seem to be in too much of a rush. Hopefully next year will be the year of zero deadlines!

Good luck and maybe see you down there.

Richard

sailaboutvic

Visit site
100 miles a week sounds very relaxing. Perhaps 2 or 3 leisurely days sailing and the rest R & R.

I always seem to be in too much of a rush. Hopefully next year will be the year of zero deadlines!

Good luck and maybe see you down there.

Richard

Each year we say we won't do so much the next year , we seen to clock up between 3000 3500.each year we promise our self this year we take it a lot slower , but starting off in the Ionina , visiting the Cyclades , Dodecannese , Turkey then working our back around the southern Peloponnis to visit Malta and ending up in Sicily , I guess we won't be far off what we normally do .
Must slow down next year , haha

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Royan and Rochefort are both good over-wintering ports, secure and with enough activity in the towns. More out in the sticks but very interesting is Mortagne sur Gironde, you might well need a car for shopping although there is a bus service.