Alcohol back on agenda?

G

The Queen's Speech on Wednesday included a Transport Safety Bill. Reports so far say 'will introduce a legal alcohol limit for pilots, air traffic controllers and sailors. It will give police and relevant authorities powers to stop such persons if they have reasonable suspicion that they have been drinking or taking drugs. An 80mg limit is likely for sailors and 20mg for aviation'
No doubt we shall have to wait for small print to find out who is a 'sailor'. Remember this proposal has been shuffling around government for several years now.

tcm

Visit site
ooh. Will they cut crime and improve london transport too?

Hurrah for tony blair, famous for er selling house at the wrong time, accidentally getting his missus pregnant, letting his kids get lashed in leics square whilst he is PM, letting wife open door on day one in a negligee, going to F1 race freebie and adjusting the advertising laws as a thankyou, whamming up petrol prices so they are higher than elsewhere in EC where they have no oilfields, poncing around with tax laws so much that's it's worth taxplannig to pay a lot less tax rather than more, appointing transport ministers that can't drive, permitting london mayor (also non-driver) to ban cars from london except for rich people, foreign sec that is scared of flying and whose record so far stands at erm cocking up dealing with gibraltar, chancellor who orders pomagne for his wedding and whose last involvment with financial matters was rag week.

ccscott49

Visit site
Does this mean you're not a fan of the president of the united states of europe! Oops! a little premature there, our prime minister I meant! You forgot a deputy prime minister who can't control his temper, in public! I could go on, but whats the point, the spin doctors probably read this aswell!

paulineb

Visit site
Re: another leftie

nooooooo. it didn't :-( i'll have to book it in with merc repairs, see if i can get something better than a very grubby and smelly punto as a courtesy car this time

Pxx

byron

RIP
Visit site
"You forgot a deputy prime minister who can't control his temper, in public"
Personally I thingkthe D.P.M. is a deadhead but I don't blame him for swinging back. I know I would have.

http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

ccscott49

Visit site
I would have aswell, but neither you nor I are the Deputy head of this government, setting an example to the kids of today!

davel

Visit site
If anyone's interested the speech can be found <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2002/11/14/nqsp114.xml> here </A>.

As far as I can see, the only reference to transport policy relates to setting up an accident investigation branch for the railways.

Still, this is no reason to stop a good rant.

Dave L.

tcm

Visit site
Re: useless dpm

i agree. He totally telegraphed the initial punch, which should have come from an left uppercut , rather than a right jab which the target saw and crumpled inwards, embracing the dpm and bringing him to the ground. When you're in power, concentrate on simply bringing your elbow inwards as fast as possible, which in turn gives a lightning-fast punch, and take a step back as soon as you make a connection, allowing the guy space to fall to the ground bleeding, and allowing you to continue to shake hands and smile with bewildered members of the public on the way to your meeting.

tcm

Visit site
Re: mercfixing

it's showing a series of faults on the dash, as i understand, yes? To clear them, with engine on, turn steering wheel hard over to each side once or twice.

Also: carfixing hint for girlies: the noise that sounds like a marble in a yogurt pot down the back set is in fact a marble in a yogurt pot down the back seat

paulineb

Visit site

that just clears the messages it doesn't fix the fault does it? i can clear the messages by pressing the 'clear the messages button' - now my headlight's gone too, i think it's time for a new car

Pxx

tcm

Visit site
Re: busted headlights?

but but just pressing the blimmin button DOESNT clear the error. It just moves to another page.

Anyway, as ccs says, it's time for a nice new one. And this time tellim it MUST have

heated seats with full memory
xenon headlights

It needs to be a 500E (this makes sure it is new model and NOT olde model that he palmed you off with last year)

That will definitely cure the problem.

ccscott49

Visit site

Fraid so, you don't have to put ash in it, nobody does that anymore, anything will do, sweetie wrappers anything, a slim thing like you can eat a few sweeties!! I even had a car that didn't have an ashtray!!

sailbadthesinner

Visit site

the fog light is probably gone too
probably from when she went to press the rear demist, hit it by mistake and it has been on ever since.
definitely time for a new one. ;-)

Come on brain.get this over and i can go back to killing you with beer

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
just for god's sake dont have an accident. it will be police on the pontoon time.

'well officer ..........my wife...'. ;-)

and be careful high days holidays and cowes week
that is when it will be enforced.

Come on brain.get this over and i can go back to killing you with beer

oldgit

Visit site
John Prescott !How many TV soap addicted youngsters know who he is.Far more important lessons not to be learned by young persons are the messages sent out by the substance abusing wife beating violent thugs known as footballers.IMHO

And here is the weekend weather..