Albania: Entry permit cost

TQA

sailingonelephantschild.blogspot.com
Taken from NOONSITE

"All vessels up to 500 tons pay a $50 clearance fee. Visa fees, plus some port fees.

If an agent is used, this can prove to be quite expensive."

I sailed down to Albania in the late 80s hoping to be one of the few foreign yachts to visit and despite having the correct paperwork was denied entry, mind you they were rioting at the time so that might have had something to do with it.

Last edited:

rtchina

Visit site
Less I think. Last year we went the same route, to Orikum Marina first, no need for any government paperwork here, just pay the maria charge, and seems legal since we also stopped there on the way to Greece 4 weeks prior and s.
Last year we went Brindisi to Orikum Marina (Vlore, Albania), no need for any paperwork, just pay the marina and seems legal since were then checked by the Italian Finance police (spectacularly fast and well equiped boat) on the way out who had an Albania agent on board who knew that we had been there and raised no problems. Likewise on the trip north, Orikum first then Dures, where we had to get an agent to do the paperwork, charge was about Euros 75 I think.

Dures is a large, commercial port, well charted, dirty and fly-blow but any port in a storm so to speak.

ccscott49

Visit site
Less I think. Last year we went the same route, to Orikum Marina first, no need for any government paperwork here, just pay the maria charge, and seems legal since we also stopped there on the way to Greece 4 weeks prior and s.
Last year we went Brindisi to Orikum Marina (Vlore, Albania), no need for any paperwork, just pay the marina and seems legal since were then checked by the Italian Finance police (spectacularly fast and well equiped boat) on the way out who had an Albania agent on board who knew that we had been there and raised no problems. Likewise on the trip north, Orikum first then Dures, where we had to get an agent to do the paperwork, charge was about Euros 75 I think.

Dures is a large, commercial port, well charted, dirty and fly-blow but any port in a storm so to speak.

What was the cost of diesel? Did you notice?

rtchina

Visit site
Actually getting diesel in Orikum involved a fight between a taxi driver and the garage owner. We got the diesel but the price we paid was a complete work of fiction. If you can get close enough to a garage to purchase it (need a taxi ride from Orikum) I am certain it is below the EU/GB rate.

Radha

Visit site
Albania

Going to Albania later this week going into Saranda (from Corfu)
have been quoted 50 euros for agents fee including 1st night then 10 euros a day
after. No extra for booking out
Diesel been quoted at 1.29 euros pe Litre
Agent we are using has been recommended by a lot of people on the noonsite
can give details if required

mr2panman

Visit site
Albania Fees

Spring 2010 was charged 65euros at Sarandes using the agent (Agim Zholi). This covered all costs for 12.7m boat for two nights. Similar when we exited at Durres via an agent (Lambi Papa). Both agents very helpful. Albania well worth visiting inland and the agents will assist in this.
Laurie

syrbe

Visit site
Visa fees

We went up the coast in 2007 and got charged quite a lot in Saranda, where we were met by an agent. When we got to Vlore we were told by the harbour master that we should not have paid anything and we did not pay anything in Durres either. We did not stay in Vlore - just as we were about to go into town we saw two hungry rats looking greedily down at us, so we went down to Oricum. Everyone in Albania was very friendly and helpful - highly recommended. Croatia was a different story!

Mad Pad

Visit site
We are in Montenegro at present and were going to do Albania and Croatia next year.I haven't been to the latter for a few years,how did you find it?Some of the threads on here are quite negative.