Alacrity 18

daisymay

Visit site
We are buying an Alacrity 18. This is our first venture in to "big boats". How can we find out more about the Alacrity class? Does anyone out there have one?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Slinky Spring

Visit site
I am in the same situation as you. I am just about to buy a vivacity 650 which is from the same stable as the Alacrity. There seems to have been an owners group called VIVA run by somebody called John Cook. He had his details in a couple of the magazines a few years ago. Unfortunately he has moved from the address given. Anybody out there know anything about VIVA or the current location of John.
Ian Reid

<hr width=100% size=1>

graham

Visit site
I had one a few years ago.For their size they are very capable boats and sail surprisingly well.

Mine had 3 berths but only room for 2 people for overnight cruising.

<hr width=100% size=1>

gb999

Visit site
I have a vivacity 20 - just a tad bigger than alacrity. I had the same problem re: info.
I used pbo (I think) boat reports (from the archives). Not cheap, and limited info, but better than nothing - it was nice to read a bit about my boat anyway.
And what a great boat she is too.
I just delivered an oyster 61 (half a million quids worth) - steering failed, amongst other things - my vivacity has a semi balanced rudder - joy to sail. You have even less antifouling to do than me. Small boats equate to fun eh?
Not too much fun in a huge sea though, I dare say.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Other threads that may be of interest