Air filter on Yanmar 4JH3E

wayneA

www.hitrapia.co.uk
Hi

Anyone know if the Yanmar 4JH3E should have an air filter element?

The engine has a metal cylinder with 'air spout' connected to the air intake but no filter element inside. This is how it was supplied new from Yanmar and the dealer who installed the engine never added anything.

This seems a little weird to me - I now feel that it should have some type of air filter element and someone forgot to install one from new and this has remained the norm? The manual/handbook I have is next to useless!

TIA

Wayne

djc

Visit site
I have a Yanmar 4JH2E which only has a metal fixed ring inside with very large dia holes in it ,no filter element at all. I think this to be a poor idea, checked with yanmar who confirmed, no air filter, so i have j-clipped a piece of stainless steel gorse over the end of the air in take just in case.
Also noticed no engine anodes on the sea water cooling system also seems odd, prob just use's main anode i guess.

Spuddy

Visit site
I got an engine anode in my old 1GM. Worth checking again to see if yours is tucked away somewhere. The yanmarhelp site could give you a pointer.

M

MarkG

I have a 4JH3E and the Yanmar dealer assured there is no airfilter other than the box on the end of the inlet manifold.
Guess they think its not actually that dusty out at sea...