Access to Marinas during Covid 19 restrictions

FlyingGoose

Visit site
Thankfully, the vast majority of people understand what is meant by "no unnecessary journeys", but there will always be a small minority who think that it doesn't apply to them, and will drive to walk their dogs or themselves. Some people don't understand, and some are simply thick.
I drove my car today and took my dogs out, would you class me as thick! or using my common sense as a disabled person and avoiding all contact with people to take them a walk , there are so many variables that again thankfully we do not need to hold the opinion of the forum to much account as it seems to lack awareness of the many situations were taking a car is needed

Lightwave395

Visit site
Curious that having just looked at the Marine Traffic website there seem to either be a lot of boat owners who leave their AIS active when they're not onboard their boats or there are a lot of owners who've ignored any 'essential travel' guidance and gone to their boats regardless...

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Curious that having just looked at the Marine Traffic website there seem to either be a lot of boat owners who leave their AIS active when they're not onboard their boats or there are a lot of owners who've ignored any 'essential travel' guidance and gone to their boats regardless...

A lot get left on all of the time.

NormanS

Visit site
I drove my car today and took my dogs out, would you class me as thick! or using my common sense as a disabled person and avoiding all contact with people to take them a walk , there are so many variables that again thankfully we do not need to hold the opinion of the forum to much account as it seems to lack awareness of the many situations were taking a car is needed

What I said was that some don't understand, and some are simply thick. You decide.
Anyway, you said that you were self isolating, so why were you out?

smert

Visit site
I got stopped by the police today and told that I should not be taking the dog to the park by car. Even though I was going to the supermarket after. I was told I should have gone to the supermarket in the car then home and taken the dog out leaving the car at home. This is an enforceable rule and if I was caught again I would be fined. The fines increase each time.

Blue Sunray

Visit site

I despair at the lack of reading one does of posts it clearly says I have not been out for 15 days , corrections always welcome the advise is stay in not the law please feel free to correct me or correct yourself and admit that sometimes fear is the driving factor not common sense

:unsure:

LBRodders

Visit site
I got stopped by the police today and told that I should not be taking the dog to the park by car. Even though I was going to the supermarket after. I was told I should have gone to the supermarket in the car then home and taken the dog out leaving the car at home. This is an enforceable rule and if I was caught again I would be fined. The fines increase each time.

I'd have given you a ticket for suggesting leaving a mutt in the car :ROFLMAO:

steveeasy

Visit site
Seriously, Now is not the time to argue over detail. Most people go to the shop as little as possible and don't hang around too long with the dog. Theres good reason for this. The bobbys are discouraging people from a scenic drive in the sunshine. As for fear factor, 260 odd deaths in 24 hrs and we know it could get a lot more worse. Id say that's worth staying in for.

Steveeasy

JumbleDuck

Visit site
As we've see on these forums, there are no shortage of people in the UK who, in their own minds, are exceptions to any rules the government have made. They are able to judge that their needs to walk the dog, go to their boat and carry on with life in general is perfectly acceptable.
We also see no shortage of people who, unable to follow the reasoning behind the rules, need them applied blindly and without any sensible thought. They are unable to judge whether their own actions pose any significant risk to themselves and others.

LBRodders

Visit site
Also if your boat is near by and you can get to it without forming a group and there are not many people around then you can work on your boat, if the yard is open, as to touching trolleys and gates , wear gloves and wash your hands again pretty easy and simple measures to control the spread,
The virus is mainly spread though person to person contact via water droplets form that person hence the 2 metre rule , standing at your boat with no one near you and you drove there will not spread a virus ,

Tosh - Many yards/marinas have closed. Those staying open are doing a 'Sports Direct'.

To date, 1k+ have died in the UK. Unfortunately there will be more tomorrow.

Stay at home! Protect the NHS, Save Lives.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Under the restrictions, everybody must stay at home and only leave for these reasons:
■ to exercise once a day - either alone, or with members of your household
■ shopping for basic necessities, although this should be done as little as possible
■ medical need, or to provide care for a vulnerable person
■ travel to or from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary
If you have to go outside you must stay more than 2m (6ft) apart from others. This is what's known as social distancing.
I respectfully invite you to compare what you think the restrictions are with what the law says the restrictions are. You can find the law at The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020.

LBRodders

Visit site
Those are not the rules.

JD, This isn't the time to argue about rules, the law or your rights. Be an adult, engage the brain.

Minimise the risk wherever possible. If that means 15 mins is sufficient then do it.

Next week [unfortunately] these threads will look ridiculous, just bear that in mind!

JumbleDuck

Visit site
JD, This isn't the time to argue about rules, the law or your rights. Be an adult, engage the brain.

Unfortunately "engage the brain" seems to mean "do what other people think the rules says with no reference at all to whether that is safe or sensible or what the rules actually say". Which is why knowing what the rules are and why they have been made actually matters.

For example, people keep saying "for essential work", but there is nothing in the rules about "essential", just work that can't be done at home. Why do so many people think they know better than the people who made the rules?

Blue Sunray

Visit site
To date, 1k+ have died in the UK. Unfortunately there will be more tomorrow.

A small but important point which many news outlets including the BBC get wrong.

1k+ who have CV19 have died in the UK, NOT 1k+ have died of CV19 in the UK.

Though, of course, no argument with Stay at home! Protect the NHS, Save Lives. Not least as it is so simple, it's just a pity that the selfish minority think it doesn't apply to them eg someone today, possibly even on this thread, because his boat had much greater sentimental value than its insured value!

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC

Visit site
If people carry on acting irresponsibly by going out for non essential purposes ( i.e. driving to the boat!!!) the county will have to impose full lockdown. There are so many selfish idiots around thinking that going to the boat, the beach, the park or having picnics by the canal (like the Brecon canal where I live, people are having picnics by the canal bank!!!). We have over 1,000 people dead todate, in a few weeks the figure could be over 10,000. Its bad enough having an incompetent Prime Minister, Boris.........

FlyingGoose

Visit site
For clarity I am in self isolation as I have more reason than most, I am disabled in the fact that I need a blue badge, my wife is down with the virus we think.
I got in my car and drove the 2 mins to the lochside so I can get out of the car and my dogs can run without much walking from me, I apologises if this was not clear to those that feel the need to argue , at no point did I come into contact with a single soul, as I never do at this walk for the last 6 years , I took the dogs out because the wife cannot . at what point could I Have infected anyone. in the 30 years of owning dogs and climbing most mountain pre disability, walking and driving to areas all over the world I have never had an accident nor called on any medical help. as the Doctor said on Sky news tonight people can break an ankle on the kerb going out but if you are going out do it once no time limit or distance limit but please keep 2 metres away I drove less than half a mile ,
I Fail to see or understand peoples anxiety on this issue , I appreciate stress is high and emotions make rational though go out the window , but calm common sense and the government precautions and guidelines need to be followed , which does not say or has been said one cannot take a car to do there exercise, it is only those that at shouting on hear that seems to be saying it or telling tales of woe which thankfully is not worth much

Sandydog2

Visit site
It's frightening that the press is misreporting so much and most people just take them at their word. A friend of ours, who is a bin man was abused by passing cars many times yesterday because he was out working. The government advice is clear. If you can't work from home and your job is not one of the restricted list then please go to work. The experts are saying the best thing we can do to help ourselves is stay away from other people but exercise once per day and stop smoking. If the whole population stays in with no exercise for weeks the outcome will be very much worse. The initial guidelines were clear - do your normal amount of exercise. It hasn't changed.