Access to boats in Spain

[163233]

Visit site
I think legally they can do this if their reason is considered acceptable.

Some German folk were ignominiously sent back recently.
Three German tourists sent back home after flying to Palma de Mallorca

A suitable reason was apparently asked for, so confirmation that you are being reasonable would likely get you through.
Travel between provinces would hit further restrictions as Spaniards aren't allowed to do that generally and the GC have spot roadblocks about. They aren't overly willing to enter into legal discussions in broken English, so you'd need clear permission for that.

The best bet is to write to the Spanish consulate and ask for advice or a covering letter, pleading hardship or special circumstances.
I wouldn't turn up in Spain on the off chance, even if you can get on a flight.

..or stick it out another month.

PlanB

Visit site
Extract from current Gov.uk advice for Spain:
Under current border restrictions, only Spanish citizens, those who are legally resident in Spain, frontier workers or those who can prove they need to enter Spain for essential reasons will be allowed to enter the country.
Only green residency certificates will be accepted as proof of residency in Spain and British travellers who are not resident and/or not in possession of this certificate should not attempt to enter the country. Padron certificates, utility bills and property deeds will not be accepted by Spanish authorities as proof of residency.
British travellers who are not resident in Spain or do not have a residency certificate with them should not travel to Gibraltar and then attempt to enter Spain via the land frontier.
From 15 May, all new international arrivals entering Spain, including Spanish nationals and residents, will be required to self-isolate in their residence or hotel for a period of 14 days.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Extract from current Gov.uk advice for Spain:
Under current border restrictions, only Spanish citizens, those who are legally resident in Spain, frontier workers or those who can prove they need to enter Spain for essential reasons will be allowed to enter the country.
Only green residency certificates will be accepted as proof of residency in Spain and British travellers who are not resident and/or not in possession of this certificate should not attempt to enter the country. Padron certificates, utility bills and property deeds will not be accepted by Spanish authorities as proof of residency.
British travellers who are not resident in Spain or do not have a residency certificate with them should not travel to Gibraltar and then attempt to enter Spain via the land frontier.
From 15 May, all new international arrivals entering Spain, including Spanish nationals and residents, will be required to self-isolate in their residence or hotel for a period of 14 days.
In addition to that, why an earth do people think its even vaguely acceptable to come to a country that has been in full lockdown for over 10 weeks (72 fekin days) from one of the pox hotspots that has been in lockdown light for a fraction of that time, to visit a boat they can't by law move?

Last edited:

roaringgirl

bit.ly
In addition to that, why an earth do people think its even vaguely acceptable to come to a country that has been in full lockdown for over 10 weeks (72 fekin days) from one of the pox hotspots that has been in lockdown light for a fraction of that time, to visit a boat they can't by law move?
We don't want to 'visit', we're going there to live: it is our home. Until we get there, my family and I are homeless. When we get there it will be in full compliance with the law. I'm not looking for ways to circumvent the law, just understand the correct interpretation of what allowed under the 'essential' clause and what is not, so that we can make an appropriate plan.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
We don't want to 'visit', we're going there to live: it is our home. Until we get there, my family and I are homeless. When we get there it will be in full compliance with the law. I'm not looking for ways to circumvent the law, just understand the correct interpretation of what allowed under the 'essential' clause and what is not, so that we can make an appropriate plan.
#49.