Access to boats in Spain

roaringgirl

bit.ly
You do if you left the boat before the state of emergency was issued.
To be clear: you are right, those are the rules: I can't get to my home right now and my whole family is staying in the UK with some very tolerant and generous friends, but the Spanish rules don't negate the facts that
a) we're not Spanish residents
b) we live on our boat
c) our boat is in Spain
Us wanting to get to our home is different from you wanting to visit a relative. The fact that people have been allowed to get to their boats in these circumstances demonstrates that the Spanish border guards agree with me rather than you!

Clancy Moped

Visit site
To be clear: you are right, those are the rules: I can't get to my home right now and my whole family is staying in the UK with some very tolerant and generous friends, but the Spanish rules don't negate the facts that
a) we're not Spanish residents
b) we live on our boat
c) our boat is in Spain
Us wanting to get to our home is different from you wanting to visit a relative. The fact that people have been allowed to get to their boats in these circumstances demonstrates that the Spanish border guards agree with me rather than you!
Give it a go, BTW do you observe the 90 in 180 day rule? Or is the boat Spanish flagged ?

capnsensible

Visit site
A friend of ours arrived in Lanzarote on Friday from the UK. His trip was To Barcelona, then Gran Canaria, then Lanza. He was only permitted to board the flights on production of his Residencia card.

Now in two weeks self isolation.

cherod

Visit site
Try not to jump to conclusions, we haven't been in Spain long enough to require us to register!
dont be rediculous girl ,, this is a public forum , dont you know that sanctimonious judgementalisim and jumping to conclusions is what some people get their fun out of .

nortada

Visit site
Are you encouraging folk to break the law?

And what law would that be❓

When you arrive in Portugal, if you intend to remain for more than 3 months, it is a legal requirement to register. Failure to do so can attract an up to a €1,500 fine. When you register you will get 5 years temporary residency, which carries with it a number of important privileges.

I understand there is a similar requirement in other EU countries, including Spain but others will have better knowledge than me.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
And what law would that be❓

When you arrive in Portugal, if you intend to remain for more than 3 months, it is a legal requirement to register. Failure to do so can attract an up to a €1,500 fine. When you register you will get 5 years temporary residency, which carries with it a number of important privileges.

I understand there is a similar requirement in other EU countries, including Spain but others will have better knowledge than me.

That law would be breaking the Spanish state of emergency in order to enter Portugal.