A weekend in the winter

iangrant

Visit site
Last weekend, what a fantastic time to go Sailing. Waved at power boats they waved back - clear calm waters steady breeze empty Folly Inn pontoon - Sunshine all the way! Sorry folks should have kept your boats in the water this year!

Ian

ParaHandy

Visit site
harrumph...hmmmm

At chucking out time the deck was like a bluidy ice rink and now have imprint of winch on bum

Col

Visit site
Re: What happend to the handle ?!! NM

Er, lost it ??
Maybe you wouldn't want it back !

davel

Visit site
Agreed!

We had a great sail up to the Master Builder in Bucklers Hard. Clear skies, the Isle of Wight was White and very nice F3-4 once we'd swept the snow off the boat. Only complaint was that with no one else on the water, a 40 ft power boat still found it necessary to pass within 20 mtrs of me bashing me all over the place with his wake! Still, he did give me a friendly wave before hand !!
Dave L.

tony_brighton

Visit site
OK - so it was a bit fresh but fantastic sailing. Even got a bit of a suntan! Can't wait until it warms up a bit further. Might buy an Eberspacher at the Show though.

ParaHandy

Visit site
Re: What happend to the handle ?!! NM

Ooooh, hurts to laugh - now have self contained loo roll holder to make up for primitive facilities on IoW

Rabbie

Visit site
What a great day to see the New Year in!. Who would have thought it, 1st January, Chi. Hbr. NE F2-3. Nippy but with a few drams inside who cares. Were you one of the (at most) 5 yachts I waved to?. Rab.

JamesS

Visit site
Absolutely right, this is what sailing is all about - had the Thetis pontoon at Cowes to ourselves (FOC) and a brilliant run back to Portsmouth on the Sunday - didn't see a soul. A bit nippy though - thank heavens for the Ebersbatcher.

Cheers

iangrant

Visit site
I don't think the Eberspacher it is a might - doesn't the other skipper insist?

I had to get up in the night to turn the heating down!!

Ian

tony_brighton

Visit site
The other skipper is keen (until the cost is discussed at the Show this weekend); this skipper wants to think about mundane things like fitting, electric supply - battery capacity/charger etc. We don't all have the luxury of a giant 'fan' on the back of the boat...

G

Yet another reason......

...........why you should never leave the handle in the winch!! Sorry to have missed you at The Folly boys.'Er indoors 'ad other plans, even though the boat is in the water!