A very brave lady

capt_courageous

Visit site
You forumites are a pretty mixed and sometimes argumentative bunch. That said I am sure we are all touched and saddened by her experience. Boating joy suddenly turned to horror. I really do not know what to say.

SimbaDog

Visit site
crystal-ball.jpg

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Last May, Victoria Milligan was spending the Bank Holiday in Cornwall with her family when their trip turned to tragedy.

They were thrown from their speed boat, and Victoria's husband and eight-year-old daughter were killed.

She lost her leg and her other three children were badly injured, but survived.

She is now hoping to raise more than £300,000 for the RNLI and Child Bereavement UK in a charity cycle ride starting in Cornwall.

In her first television interview, Mrs Milligan spoke to BBC Breakfast's Jon Kay.

That it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27937053

Hambler Rambler

Visit site
Last May, Victoria Milligan was spending the Bank Holiday in Cornwall with her family when their trip turned to tragedy.

They were thrown from their speed boat, and Victoria's husband and eight-year-old daughter were killed.

She lost her leg and her other three children were badly injured, but survived.

She is now hoping to raise more than £300,000 for the RNLI and Child Bereavement UK in a charity cycle ride starting in Cornwall.

In her first television interview, Mrs Milligan spoke to BBC Breakfast's Jon Kay.

That it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27937053

Goodness me, she is amazingly rational about it considering how recent it was.

Surprised to see the footage of the boat circling cropping up all the time - do we presume that the casualties were no longer in the water at the moment that was filmed?

chinita

Visit site
What an attitude.
Especially after starting by criticising the forum.

It's good etiquette to explain the premise of your post if you are the OP. You're not alone in this guessing-game style of posting.

+1

Who the **** does he think he is?

We don't have pubs in Portugal; neither do we have UK news.

This is a global/international forum. Perhaps he should remember that before he tries to be a smartarse.

Sailfree

Visit site
Goodness me, she is amazingly rational about it considering how recent it was.

I saw her interviewed on TV and admired her presentation and sympathised when her obvious emotion showed through.

Yes no kill cord but I went out on the rescue rib last Wednesday and realised after 50yds I had not connected kill cord after slipping mooring.

There but for the grace of God go I!

pvb

Visit site
Two words sums it up.

KILL CORD

If more people used them, less people would get hurt / killed.

there should be a slogan such as "Kill the engine, not your crew"

And, importantly, she was driving the boat at the time, and wasn't using her kill cord. Yet she claimed that she and her husband had been trained. Now she's wanting compulsory training and licensing, no doubt. I think she's foolish, rather than brave.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
And, importantly, she was driving the boat at the time, and wasn't using her kill cord. Yet she claimed that she and her husband had been trained. Now she's wanting compulsory training and licensing, no doubt. I think she's foolish, rather than brave.

There's probably a lot of survivor guilt there, and a need to find someone else to blame.