A very brave lady

The Third Man

Visit site
Well in that case it was presumably pretty obvious that it was not connected as opposed to being overlooked. If that is so I am with pvb except I would say irresponsible.

BrianH

www.brianhenry.byethost18.com
+1

Who the **** does he think he is?

We don't have pubs in Portugal; neither do we have UK news.

This is a global/international forum. Perhaps he should remember that before he tries to be a smartarse.

Absolutely. I had never heard of the lady and I do keep up with the news - although I must admit more international rather than the UK parochial blend. And as for such a response to those who showed their puzzlement ... incredible.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Still no confirmation from OP that Twister Ken's guess was correct.
Perhaps? It would fit into the timeframe, but an interesting use of the word brave.

If it is Victoria Milligan I am delighted that she has taken the horrific events of last summer and used them for good; I understand that the RNLI and Cornwall Air Ambulance have benefitted greatly from her charitable work and hope it helps get the message across, wear your kill cord.

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Perhaps? It would fit into the timeframe, but an interesting use of the word brave.

If it is Victoria Milligan I am delighted that she has taken the horrific events of last summer and used them for good; I understand that the RNLI and Cornwall Air Ambulance have benefitted greatly from her charitable work and hope it helps get the message across, wear your kill cord.

+1 agreed

But at the same time, I would humbly suggest, learn not to drive these powerful beasts in a manner likely to throw crew overboard .

Rum_Pirate

Visit site
I saw her interviewed on TV and admired her presentation and sympathised when her obvious emotion showed through.

Yes no kill cord but I went out on the rescue rib last Wednesday and realised after 50yds I had not connected kill cord after slipping mooring.

There but for the grace of God go I!
I guess that that you drifted the 50yds as the engine would not start without the kill switch 'key' being connected. :rolleyes:

maby

Visit site
+1 agreed

But at the same time, I would humbly suggest, learn not to drive these powerful beasts in a manner likely to throw crew overboard .

Exactly - the kill cord should be very much a last resort - anyone being thrown from a powerful RIB running flat out is quite likely to suffer significant injuries even if the kill cord protects them (or someone else) from getting run over.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
I guess that that you drifted the 50yds as the engine would not start without the kill switch 'key' being connected. :rolleyes:

Most people seem to keep the kill cord permanently on the boat and clip it onto the driver if they remember or feel like it. The teenage son of friends of mine was quite nonplussed when I said that no, I would not let him ferry me to their boat in the Avon unless he unclipped the kill cord from the outboard carry handle and attached it to himself.