'A Sentimental journey' The Photo's!

No Regrets

Visit site
\'A Sentimental journey\' The Photo\'s!

As promised:

As you can see, the Weather started off just fine! Here's Boulters Inn after a £2M refurb. You can see it now can't you...'Shall we buy Curtains? Or Redo the Jetty....Curtains? Jetty? .... Now where are those fabric samples again...

fittingoutcruise035.jpg

Aaagh...It's No Regrets!

fittingoutcruise039.jpg

Not entirely 'Green' yet, but still Sunny, and virtually no traffic to speak of. Cliveden does look rather special in the middle of Summer though!

fittingoutcruise048.jpg

Looking like time for Tea...

fittingoutcruise060.jpg

fittingoutcruise064.jpg

So we found a nice spot, recommended by a local Lock keeper. I couldn't see who he was because he was wearing sunglasses though /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

fittingoutcruise080.jpg

fittingoutcruise083.jpg

Thursday: Not quite as Sunny... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

fittingoutcruise098.jpg

Now amazingly, there is a little bit of beauty remaining in Reading! Behind Caversham lock, there is a tiny nature reserve...

fittingoutcruise132.jpg

fittingoutcruise134.jpg

fittingoutcruise143.jpg

fittingoutcruise137.jpg

Next day: Weather worse...

We came across one of our old boats too, this was Shamby, the Scarani 26. Pretty, we thought, but totally wrong for the River. We don't miss her at all, nor do the Rowers.

fittingoutcruise155.jpg

Just discussing the route...

fittingoutcruise161.jpg

Weather 0/10, Dog decided to sleep...

fittingoutcruise167.jpg

Good to see the Mapledurham Alpaca's are still going strong!

fittingoutcruise172.jpg

Just approaching Byron country now...

fittingoutcruise184.jpg

fittingoutcruise191.jpg

fittingoutcruise198.jpg

OK, it was quite a wide arch, but she got through in one piece!

fittingoutcruise208.jpg

Easy access with the 'Dog paserelle'

fittingoutcruise216.jpg

Arrival at Sonning for the BCC fitting out evening soiree. It's a very pretty village indeed, although rather tiny...

fittingoutcruise224.jpg

We met this big boy Swan too!

fittingoutcruise229.jpg

And this old Tub just missing the infamous Sonning bridge!

fittingoutcruise232.jpg

BANG!

fittingoutcruise233.jpg

SKREEEEEEAAAKKKKKKK!

fittingoutcruise234.jpg

And Mssr Ramage, long time no see! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

fittingoutcruise235.jpg

We moored up at the UTMYC's hidden location just above Sonning lock. Shhh....don't tell anybody! We went past this place dozens of times without realising, and it's nearly as big as Sonning itself!

fittingoutcruise240.jpg

The new boat performed faultlessly over our 80 mile journey, but did suffer from the Mud traipsed in by two dogs and the crew, so will recieve a thorough valet next week, and perhaps more of that needless fettling us chaps love so much.

It was nice to see a few old faces, mainly from BCC, but a few others along the way at various locks and towpaths (No, not the one at Reading by the Gasworks, honest!) and such a good turnout for the cruise. (18 boats!) proving that the club membership is not just the comittee by any stretch.

Sorry I had to disappear so early, but work beckoned /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ramage

Visit site
Re: \'A Sentimental journey\' The Photo\'s!

Nice pics John. I have posted the one of Carli on the Birchwood site. I understand Birchwood 25 prices are on the rise now. Not sure why.

Broom prices seem to have gone down though...

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Re:Boulters jetty.

I know they were having all the usual EA/riparean hassles over the jetty but I do agree that a) It lets the whole thing down and b) it is a dangerous eyesore as it is.

DogsBody

Visit site
Re: \'A Sentimental journey\' The Photo\'s!

Good pictures and glad to see you enjoyed yourself John.

Was hard work getting you all in at UTMYC though, didn't think we were going to find enough room at one stage.

Darren.