A novel houseboat

andsarkit

Visit site
That is just the incinerator for disposing of waste when on an extended cruise now that we can no longer chuck waste over the side. After a few years you will also have black carbon sails like all the best racers. Why didn't I think of that?

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Yes. Pot plants are likely to suddenly spring up in boats when enjoying female company. Probably ok if they are screwed down.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
A friend of min who sailed the North West Passage some years ago fitted an oil burning stove like that in his boat and he needed up there

E39mad

Visit site
That's expensive for a boat without a chart table. They must navigate by smoke signals!

Don't fancy getting a genoa sheet wrapped around that shiney thing!

Tranona

Visit site
That's expensive for a boat without a chart table. They must navigate by smoke signals!

Maybe decided that keeping warm is more important than having a chart table. Probably limits sailing to line of sight navigation in Swedish waters

Stemar

Visit site

Maybe decided that keeping warm is more important than having a chart table. Probably limits sailing to line of sight navigation in Swedish waters

Given the price of homes these days, that's a way nicer home than anything the asking price would buy on land, unless you want to live where no one else wants to. A few boxes in deep lockers would keep the plants safe while out on the water. A few years ago I could definitely have been tempted.

I haven't got a chart table, but it won't stop me going out. As for the "shiney thing", a mate had one on his liveaboard. He generally waited until he didn't need the stove to go sailing, so the chimney was stowed and a cover fitted.