A 'national flag ship' planned to replace Royal Yacht

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
If you object I should report it for the moderators to look at.

I have already suggested the whole lot is dumped somewhere else, it's just a platform for the usual people to tell us what they think of politics, with a side order of 5th form comedy. The issue has been discussed at length here before, if anyone is seriously interested in the technical issues they can trail it in another place.
Here it's a carbuncle and puts out a feeler for more daftness from the usual.

I did report it, of course.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
It's very existence is about projecting Britain in the world. Unnecessary if all you want to do is do business on the near continent but if you want to be a global player you need to be able to go further afield.
I think the days - if they ever existed - when gullible natives could be impressed into a trade deal are long, long gone. Nowadays they look at things like "accounts" and "balance sheets" and have shareholders who would probably not approve if their returns were less because the CEO had a nice dinner on the UK National Ship.

Also, aeroplanes exist.

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Removed eh, or Deleted, same difference I suppose

Well just been declared as 'off side' with remarks involving that EU, the Black Pasports and Open International Tendering

Ah well, I guess its a slow process to get t know the New Rules these days ?

Visit site
... with a roundabout at the Isle of Man...
The Isle of Man already is a roudabout. It takes 16m 42second to complete it. If you're good.

Compared to The 25 Largest Yachts in the World. I've just read that Superyachts aren't enough, one has to have a Gigayacht.

Pah, that's nothing. I'm saving up for the world's first Terayacht ...

I have to say, having a look at those links, there's some absolutely bonkers concept stuff going on out there (see below also). I was a private driver once, & what you found back then was that there's this whole other realm of expensively produced magazines, & luxury consumer goods producers, that mere mortals never got to see or hear about, all targeting the super rich ... or is that the giga tera googo rich these days? ... trying to get them to spend their illgotten gains on some seriously dumb but expensive stuff they could never really even use.

Generally with little to no class whatsoever.

octuriyachtFrontwingsout.jpg

I have no idea what Boris hopes to achieve with his floating car salesroom, & I have to say that Their Majesties' previous Britannia was awfully dowdy by comparison to any of the current batch of oligarch's playrooms, but if I had that sort of money, I'd have a perfectly restored PBY Catalina.

When was the last time the (Y)UK built a good one of those, the Short Empire?

Last edited:

Poignard

Visit site
I think the days - if they ever existed - when gullible natives could be impressed into a trade deal are long, long gone. Nowadays they look at things like "accounts" and "balance sheets" and have shareholders who would probably not approve if their returns were less because the CEO had a nice dinner on the UK National Ship.

Also, aeroplanes exist.
You forgot the Royal Marine band playing "Sunset".

There's a deal clincher. When they've heard that, they'll sign anything :ROFLMAO:

Poignard

Visit site
The weirdest thing I learned when I did the Britannia tour was that the Royal Marines band had twenty-seven different uniforms. That's just silly.
It used to be said that the engine room junior ratings had managed to secure intact a royal turd and, after applying a protective coat of varnish, they had it mounted in a glass case.

Presumably it was kept out of sight during Saturday morning rounds.

Capt Popeye

Visit site
When every oligarch, mafiosi and the like have a super yacht, what's the point?
The weirdest thing I learned when I did the Britannia tour was that the Royal Marines band had twenty-seven different uniforms. That's just silly.

Super Yachts are terrible designs, you ask any East Coast Boater when lying to at 'The Rocks'

Guess the Royal Marines had to have many uniforms to suit the various different Temperatures that the Royal Yacht ventured to ! Plus what tunes they played or whether marching or not !

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
It used to be said that the engine room junior ratings had managed to secure intact a royal turd and, after applying a protective coat of varnish, they had it mounted in a glass case.

Presumably it was kept out of sight during Saturday morning rounds.
It was the only item in the engine room they didn't have to polish.
Because as we all know, you can't polish one!

Status
Not open for further replies.