A fun day out

Captain Coochie

Visit site
I launched the Melville at Sunbury slip today and went for a diddle around .

002-89.jpg

Past the wier and up the creek ......

003-56.jpg

and on the way back down Andy joined me for a cruise down to Molsey lock and back .

007-25.jpg

It was lovely to get her on the water again having not had a tow bar for quite a while and even though its my normal cruising ground in Cuchilo its a totally different day out in the Melville :)

Vern

Visit site
Nice looking craft, you did well to miss the wet stuff from the air, been piddling all afternoon in Sussex!

Captain Coochie

Visit site
There where light showers but that didnt spoil the fun :)
Piddling down now though .

You really notice what state the roads are in when you are towing a small wooden boat and the slip at Sunbury is in a real dire state :eek: If it wasnt for the public supplying some kerb stones to launch i doubt i would have been able to launch or get my trailer back out .

The kerb stones are already there , the public didnt tear up the road to help me out :D

rr_123

Visit site
I will try and make St Aines my next trip :)

There's a good* slip in St Aines-upon-Ditch with free parking for your vehicle and trailer.

*good = as long as you ignore the swan poo (people feed the damned creatures there because of the free parking) and the fact that the designer decided to put a dog-leg in it to make it difficult to use. Actually it's kind of the "crazy golf" equivalent of a slipway, but very satisfying if you get it right...

[edit] - Sat 22nd July may be a good day to bring your little boat to grace the waters at S-u-D for the town amateur regatta[/edit]

Last edited:

rr_123

Visit site
It's 7'2" I think.

I know that it's slightly lower on the way out than it is on the way in as I found out to my cost when I smashed the windscreen of my Dory, so it may pay to go in via the exit to check...

You can launch at Penton Hook for a tenner or so (£12 i think) or free at Windsor...

Wavey

Visit site
If you mean Truss's Island (Chertsey Lane opposite the filling station) it's signed as 7ft 3in but can't vouch for the accuracy of that.

Captain Coochie

Visit site
Check with the EA , i'm sure they will be happy to put you right . Licence No 0119 Sunbury lock :p

As for old shed c'mon , youre chaving it up on a broom :D