A Few Fab Forum days...

G

Well done to everyone for turning up for the Forum weekend meeting. This includes poor Nigel for being the instigator but who was in reality let down by the boat yard.

I am sorry that we took the decision to return to the Folly for Saturday evening and had to miss out on the major gathering. Anyway we had a good time and if the Friday evening chat over dinner was anything to go by you would have had a similar good evening in Yarmouth. As it happens, considering the sail back to Chichester on Sunday, I think it was probably the right choice.

When we arrived a little later than planned on Friday after a not very pleasant crossing and only the second boat to tie up I was pleased for Simes and Nigel that we had perservered. But as more continued to appear it was obvious this was going to be well worth it all.

Thanks again guys (and gals). We have got to do this again.

Hugh and Marian

G

Many thanks to Hugh & Marion; Mark, Jack and Mark's Partner; Colin & Urszula; Andy, Loise and Saffy, Nigel Baker (from Wareham single handed) Martin and Pat, Graham and Madelane, for turning up in dreadful weather. the Folly Inn was a great night, well organised by the Folly staff and all had good food and good drinks. The saterday dawned bright and then disolved in the following rain. Blustery Day and crew elected to travell on to Yarmouth for the second night of the get together, we were accompanied by the rest of the Folly Crew later on. What a wet and windy sail that was. We elected to motor sail to Yarmouth and did the nine miles in a little over 1 hour. The final 20 mins in brillient sun shine. Yarmouth was a good choicce the stop over. Harold Hayles pontoon was easy to find and to berth against. Blurtery Day took the inside spot and just behind "Lady in Red", sailed single handed from Wareham by Nigel Baker. we took our selves off to the pub and for a walk for Percy, Blustery Day's Ships Dog. We were joined by the crews of Blue Chip, Elad 11, Faithful Hart, Aspire of Brixham and Elizabeth Bonventure, for a drink or two at one stage of the day or another. Elad 11 and Elizabeth Bonventure had to depart Yarmouth for the evening flood back to Portsmouth anbd Chichester in order to fulfill prior mooring arrangements. This left 5 boats and thier to the food and beer of the "Weatsheaf" at Yarmouth.

A great time was had by all. many thanks to all that turned up, and we should have a toast to "Missing Friends" for Nigel Luthor, whose idea this was.

Lets do it again.

Simes

G

After a VERY wet reach up to Yarmouth, I had a wonderful sail back to Poole, arriving at 1730. It was then that things turned against me, I was too early for the tide up to Wareham, so thought I would motor very slowly up the channel, hoping the tide would beat me, but it was not to be. I ran aground three times, and it was blowing a hooly with rain and mist, so gave up the idea. Returned to Poole and tied up at 2030.

But it was well worth the effort to meet to meet everyone.

G

I am sorry that I didn't make it .... but I tried everything with the boatyard, but to no avail.

We will do it again and as soon as possible and as often as possible !!!!