5 weeks to go

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
And counting......

Across the East Coat....

Shakedown cruises have fixed the niggles......

Boats are being relaunched.....

New goodies are being fitted....

Can't wait /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS.... planning to head for Bradwell first bank holiday weekend in May... anyone else heading that way, and fancy a pint in the Green Man?

FullCircle

Visit site
NAS, me ole fruitbat, is this more of the beancounter school of scatterplanning? Could you sort of let us have a 24 hour target to aim at? After all, I have to plough across Dengie Flats to get there, and have to decide whether I need the keel skates.
Is this the second Oostende pre planning meeting?

Phoenix of Hamble

Jim.....

Ohhh..... lets see....... umhh...... arhh....... well.....

To foil Beancounters dastardly scatterplan...... Howzabout Saturday evening?

We'll probably head down that way Saturday... Sunday undecided... might just hang around and do Sunday Lunch in the Green Man... might head for Tollesbury, or Brightlingsea.... weather and tides permitting....Monday leave for the mammoth journey back to Ipswich....

Guess we could have another go at ignoring the planning for Oostende and drinking beer instead again.......

FullCircle

Visit site
lets see....... umhh...... arhh....... well.....Saturdays fine with me, Lynn hasn't got the Bradwell tick, and I haven't been there for 15 years at least. You go in at High Water, and I'll follow in approaching LW just to make the onlookers nudge each other.

Little cafe used to be good with chips, don't know about now???

beancounter

Visit site
Oi!...

...leave my passage planning skills (or lack of) out of this.

As a matter of fact we were planning (if I dare use that word) on pottering around the Walton Backwaters that weekend (assuming Volspec have put the old chug-a-lug back together by then).

Didn't want to be in your gang anyway...so /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
Re: Oi!...

Ah, welcome to this comfortable corner of the library. Tis here that plans are planned, to be boldly executed using all modern means including one of Mr Tompion's finest time pieces. So you will be taking the north sector in Walton while we snuffle the truffles in the south at Bradwell, eh? Good plan, means we have all the bases covered.
We are going to sneak in to Titchmarsh that weekend too, just to patrol the area for neer-do-wells in assorted disguise. We will search the pubs most carefully.
By association, you are in our gang, and sadly the mud sticks, but it doesn't smell as bad when its dry.

sailorman

Visit site
Re: Oi!...

"PUBS" in Walton!!!!!!!! U avin a larf. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
go North East to Orford my dear Chap, the Jolly Sailor /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifIS a PUB complete with Southwolds best /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sailorman

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Just make sure you're back in time for the Champagne (if you're early) or sparkling plonk (if you're late) on Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Burnham Clique /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Phoenix of Hamble

Jim,

Tides aren't that great that weekend for Bradwell and Titchmarsh in two days....

Works well down to Bradwell for us Orwell types Saturday..... sensible start of 07h00ish with fair tide until 13h00, so nice and civilised.......

But will mean leaving Bradwell Sunday after lunch unless you want to plug into the wet stuff all the way to Walton...... and then arriving at LW

Mind you, 'spose an arrival at Titchmarsh isn't a big deal for your tiddly little draft at LW!

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]

I was expecting Veuve Cliquot!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir,

You have risen in my esteem - the man knows! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Nothing but the best - and on offer at Costco this week /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
There, I have risen from protozoic pond organism to swamp rat in one bound!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

just tucking my serviette into the collar of my shirt now.....

FullCircle

Visit site
<<<from wot ive been reading its
Burnham "Clunk- Clique" >>

True, so true, but more graunch-clique really.

Good news - the Boatman confirmed that the riser only wrapped the keel, so any observed rudder deformation is from last Augusts tete-a-tete with the mooring buoy we hit racing in Burnham Week. NAS on board I believe. I have decided to leave this anomaly until end of season, and adjust the rudder sensor transducer instead.

FullCircle

Visit site
<<Tides aren't that great that weekend for Bradwell and Titchmarsh in two days....
>>

Ahh, good lad NAS, you spotted my deliberately inserted navigational check on aspiring mudpluggers.
Of course what I really meant was Tollesbury. (Rats!! I thought I would get away with that, only some sharp slicker from inland somewhere had the books out, planning).

However, it seems recent intelligence from our East Coast Squadron currently on Diplomatic Gunboat duties in Belgium suggest it will be returning for a Fleet Review in Burnham on the Sunday with a Civic Reception to follow. I think the occasion warrants our return to Burnham with a dressed ship, with me on the bow proffering my empty silver goblet to the OOD of HMS Guapa.