4mm Dark Brown/ Black or Grey Acrylic/Perspex supplier?

mickywillis

Visit site
Anyone aware of a supplier of acrylic/ perspex cut to sizexsheets, in 4mm thickness?
Most suppliers I've found on Internet offer either 3mm or 5mm in coloured or tinted type, the 4mm seems to be only in clear?
Refitting a cupboard in my Griffon and I have 4mm width plastic slider track on top/ bottom of a cabinet I'm refurbishing. Don't want to use clear, so a dark tint is what I'm looking for, pre cutvto specific sizes.
TIA👍👍

ean_p

Visit site
You would need to dial down the speed possibly to somewhere south of 15000rpm but that would be a function of the feed rate and tool diameter ........ but eminently do' able depending on what gear you have access to.......

Last edited:

Plum

Visit site
Anyone aware of a supplier of acrylic/ perspex cut to sizexsheets, in 4mm thickness?
Most suppliers I've found on Internet offer either 3mm or 5mm in coloured or tinted type, the 4mm seems to be only in clear?
Refitting a cupboard in my Griffon and I have 4mm width plastic slider track on top/ bottom of a cabinet I'm refurbishing. Don't want to use clear, so a dark tint is what I'm looking for, pre cutvto specific sizes.
TIA👍👍
I have a sliding acrylic window that has had a 12mm wide 1mm deep rebate machined top and bottom to fit the track width. I did not do it but it looks like it was done with a rotory cutter such as a router. No sign of it having melted.

Supertramp

Visit site
Will need some experimentation with tools and getting a good finish. I have made things using acrylic with good results but it needs treated gently to avoid cracking or taking too much material off. It will cut to shape but with care. Much cheaper to source an offcut or standard piece and DIY than getting it cut to shape.

JOHNPEET

Visit site
I had success with rebating some 8mm tinted acrylic sheet on my router table. As has been said, reduce router speed by about half and ensure that you have sharp/new cutter. My need was to achieve a flush finish on the doors and hatch lid on my cabin entry. The acrylic sheet was rebated so that it fitted into a machined groove in the frames.
IMG_8987.jpegIMG_8988.jpeg

mickywillis

Visit site
Will need some experimentation with tools and getting a good finish. I have made things using acrylic with good results but it needs treated gently to avoid cracking or taking too much material off. It will cut to shape but with care. Much cheaper to source an offcut or standard piece and DIY than getting it cut to shape.
I was hoping to find a supplier who cuts to order, plenty around, but not in 4mm!

mickywillis

Visit site
I had success with rebating some 8mm tinted acrylic sheet on my router table. As has been said, reduce router speed by about half and ensure that you have sharp/new cutter. My need was to achieve a flush finish on the doors and hatch lid on my cabin entry. The acrylic sheet was rebated so that it fitted into a machined groove in the frames.
View attachment 171352View attachment 171353
Very nice, way above what I'm doing!!

Hoolie

Visit site
Buy your 4mm clear and apply a tinted film. Lots of offers on eBay as long as you search for '-black' to cut out spurious car products. I have the same problem with my new acrylic washboards.