3 Irishmen

G

3 Irishmen in the pub discussing the fastest thing in the world.
The first one says " Well oi ricken it's electricitee. Nuthings as faaast as electricitee."
The second one says "Nah, its blinking. Ye can blink faaster than anyting".
The third one says "Well yer both wrong, it's diahorrea".
The others say "What dya mean, diahorrea?"
He syas "Well, I woke up this morning and before I could blink or switch the light on, I'd shat meself."

Dada.

Anyone else out there into little classic motorboats or do you have to have to be able to swamp a liferaft at 100 paces to join this club?

Nick

Nick

tcm

Visit site
boat sounds good, joke so-so

Half of us haven't got boats at the moment!

So, tellus about this classic boat. Is it wooden? Ish? Like a Riva? if so, Corr!

Oh do tell us. And where do u keep it?

AND also if it is classic, do you dress up all sixties/seveties with black rollneck jumper, Bond sunglasses and Booker T and the MG's playing Grren Onions on the CD? I probably would, but am a bit of a saddo.

burgundyben

Visit site
Joke average try this one.

Five cannibals get appointed as engineers in a defence company. During the welcoming ceremony the boss says "You're all part of our team now. you can earn good money here and you can go to the cafeteria for something to eat. So please don't trouble any of the other employees"

> The cannibals promised.
>
> Four weeks later the boss returns and says "You're all working very hard, and I'm satisfied with all of you. However, one of our janitors has disappeared. Do any of you know what happened to him?"
>
> The cannibals all shake there heads and say "No"
>
> After the boss has left, the leader of the cannibals says to the others:
>
> "Which of you idiots ate the janitor?"
>
> A hand raises hesitantly, to which the leader replies, "You fool! For four weeks we've been eating Technical Leaders, Capability Group Leaders and Project Managers and no one noticed anything, and YOU had to go and eat the janitor!"

Yes, Ihave a classic wooden motor boat, 23ft Fairey Huntress, love it to bits.

Also, am negotiating currently to buy a 15 ft wooded customs launch, clinker built, needs lots of work but does have a Stuart Turner twin cylinder. He wants £400, but its in a bad way, so I'm trying to beat him down.

G

Nice one.

You are almost twice the length of my little baby. She is a 1962 Broom Javelin (built by Jack Broom, brother of Martin who builds the big plastic jobs).
She's tiny, really, 12'6" but she's been in the family from new and has the original engine (works in progress). Boat is done up and looking lovely. Classic Boat are doing an article on her soon.
If you are around in the Solent let me know. I also take her down to Cornwall whenever I can.
Nick

Nick

G

Re: found a pic - wow!

Yup. I saw the particulars of that one with one of the brokers at the boat show.Pretty aren't they?
Have completely restored her and now onto rebuilding original 40hp White Mercury. Have full documents for her too and piccies going back to when she was new.
I will have to put some on a website but till then could mail you a piccy or two if you let me know your email address.
What boat do you have then?
Nick

Nick

G

Re:pics

Bloody hell! Very nice.

She'd need a couple of Brooms just as fenders, let alone tenders.

Nick

JohnR

Visit site
Re: boat sounds good, joke so-so

One of those without a boat has just discovered that it is Chinese New Year this week .... Grrrrr. Mind you don't the Italians pack up for the Spring?

G

Re: restoring old merc

Thank you very much indeed for the info. i might well need them.
Sowester were the importers and have gone bust as i am sure you know, so it is now E P Barrus, but all the parts are owned by the Official Reciever and stuck in Poole. Not sure if this will help or hinder my cause.

I will try those sites, though.

Have you done something similar then?

Nick

Nick

jfm

Visit site
Re: going bust, restoring boats or O.R.?! titter

Oi! Previous car crash history of members of this BB not to be disclosed please to new BB members. Anyway, it wasn't my fault, I have witnesses, that friggin Aldwych road is curved you know. ;-) What's O.R.?

Nick Nick, no, I have had mercs as old as 1974, from small ones thru the in-line 6s and now some of the latest models. Often they're in Ireland where there's no dealer support (except some guys used to fixing tractors) so I use those websites to get info from time to time. I've never done a restoration, but plenty of people in the USA do and they're worth quite a bit when done. The guy from Grubbs will give you a price by email for yours, as is and restored. Dont worry about parts stuck with SSL, gettem striaght from USA mailorder, loads of places incl gribbs. Hard part will be getting them for very old motors. If your is white it must be mid 1950s I guess?

tcm

Visit site

I bet it's a Thunderbolt.

All car crash history discussion is perfectly permissible. Camera woes too. Dragged Mrs S through one today on the A2 doing 90 right up to it, down to 50 through gears so no brake lights, flashity flash, but don't think that one has film

OR = Official Reciever. Common parlance at the shabbier end of UK plc...

G

1962 actually, first year of the black Merc, first time you could get a 100hp outboard!

Nick

G

Yes it is.

I have the perfect tool for not worrying about cameras any more.... it obscures your numberplate at the push of a button in 1/100th of a second and comes back as quickly. Tell me your email address - privately if you wish - and I will send you a piccy!

Nick