2006 Squadron 58 anchor chain length.

mikesyam

Visit site
Hi lost my anchor and all the chain and I know my boat had the optional extended length of chain from the factory but I don't know what length that would have been, so does anyone know what length would have been fitted or what length would fit in the locker.
Thanks Mike

AllanG

Visit site
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, however, did you make a note of the position where you lost your anchor/chain? If so, couldn't you employ a diver to retrieve your tackle, which I think would be far cheaper than a new replacement?

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Hi lost my anchor and all the chain and I know my boat had the optional extended length of chain from the factory but I don't know what length that would have been, so does anyone know what length would have been fitted or what length would fit in the locker.
Thanks Mike

Bad luck on the loss. Probably would have had something arbitrary like 40m or 60m new; you could probably put 200m in the locker if you really wanted. Sounds like (a) an insurance claim and (b) an opportunity to upgrade to a new-gen anchor like an ultra or a mantus, and whatever chain is appropriate for your cruising grounds. For my titchy boat in the Med I carry 80m and that has proved to be just about right for the places I like to go.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Thanks Mike

It doesnt matter what you had there before. All that matters is what you will need in the future. If you tend to anchor overnight regularly I would suggest 100m of the largest chain size that will fit on your windlass. An extra 30-40m over what you might have had before should easily fit in your chain locker. Its also a good opportunity to get a decent anchor. As MedMilo says, something around 40kg would be about right assuming it fits on your bow roller without fouling anything. I've had very good experience recently with a Rocna and I prefer it to the Delta but thats just a personal opinion

Hurricane

Visit site
It doesnt matter what you had there before. All that matters is what you will need in the future. If you tend to anchor overnight regularly I would suggest 100m of the largest chain size that will fit on your windlass. An extra 30-40m over what you might have had before should easily fit in your chain locker. Its also a good opportunity to get a decent anchor. As MedMilo says, something around 40kg would be about right assuming it fits on your bow roller without fouling anything. I've had very good experience recently with a Rocna and I prefer it to the Delta but thats just a personal opinion

+1

A&K

Visit site
I had a 2007 Sq58 and the 'standard extra length' was 70m - that said, I installed 100m plus upgraded the (IMHO) wholly inadequate 25kg anchor to a 40kg Delta which was perfect and hugely confidence inspiring!

MedMilo, did the 40kg delta fit on the sq58 bowroller without modification? Looking at maybe getting one as an upgrade or the rocna / ultra but need to work out what will fit on the sq58 bow roller!
Thanks

MedMilo

Visit site
MedMilo, did the 40kg delta fit on the sq58 bowroller without modification? Looking at maybe getting one as an upgrade or the rocna / ultra but need to work out what will fit on the sq58 bow roller!
Thanks

I'm just trying to remember, I think so! We may have had to remove one of the top 'retaining' rollers in order to get the shank pulled fully up - but that was it. Definitely no additional bits needed...

I now have a 55kg Rocna on my Sq 65 and have to say I'd be hard pressed to pick one as being more effective than the other. The Rocna also fitted on my bow roller with no modification so I think the shank size and angles etc must be more or less the same as the Lewmar Delta

jrudge

Visit site
I have a 2014 squadron 65 anchor on my 2004 s58.

I don’t know the weight ( I have tried to look ) but without modification you won’t get any bigger on it.

If you can find what the s65 has that is the weight!